COVID-19 LOUISIANA UPDATE: While the coronavirus continues to present a danger to our community, we are complying with Louisiana State Law and Governor John Bel Edwards' recommendations and have closed our physical offices. During this time, we are still available to help our existing clients and any new, potential clients by virtual meeting, phone, text and email. Stay safe and God bless.
Learn More about Our Business Continuity Plan
6 Indicators That You Are Too Tired To Stay Behind the Wheel
Posted on Sep 25 , 2013
The National Highway of Public Safety made a conservative estimation that 100,000 accidents each year are caused by a fatigued driver. Those who crashed claimed the lives of over 1,500 people and injured 71,000. So when should you realize that you are too tired to be behind the wheel of a car or truck? Here are 6 signs that you should let someone else drive and let someone else take over the wheel.
- Difficultly focusing on the road, frequent blinking or heavy eyelids
- Daydreaming or having any wondering thoughts
- Issues remembering the last exit you passed or missing traffic signs or signals
- Yawning excessively or rubbing your eyes
- Trouble keeping your head up
- Drifting from your lane or hitting the shoulder rumble strip