Gordon McKernan Answers Car Wreck FAQs
Posted on Jan 28 , 2019
At Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys, we have handled over 117 cases with a verdict or settlement of over $1 million each. Our firm has been able to help many people across Louisiana, and with over 300 years of combined experience, we have received many common questions related to car wreck cases. Read more to find answers for your important questions about car wrecks, or watch videos of these frequently asked questions answered by Gordon McKernan. What types of damages can occur? The law breaks down damages into two broad categories:
- Special damages: damages you can calculate with an actual calculator
- Examples: a medical bill for $1,000; doctor’s visit and physical therapy for $500 each; lost wages totaling $1,000; overall total of $3,000
- General damages: damages that cannot be calculated
- Examples: pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life
- Injuries: the more serious your injuries are, the more treatment you’re going to need. If your injuries require surgery, for example, we have to see if the surgery is successful.
- Insurance companies: Some insurance companies are harder to work with than others; they’re going to do everything they can to deny your claim.