9 Christmas Events in Louisiana You Don't Want to Miss
Merry Christmas from Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys! Here are the details for some upcoming holiday events in the nine locations our Louisiana law firm serves. Find one near you to celebrate with friends and family!
1. Baton Rouge ZooLights at BREC’s Baton Rouge Zoo A new holiday tradition in Baton Rouge, ZooLights is a mile-long stretch of Christmas lights throughout BREC’s Baton Rouge Zoo. There’re more than 50 illuminated sculptures of animals and traditional holiday displays along with festive family activities and a photo booth.
Dates: November 24-December 31
Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Hours: Open 5:30-8 p.m. Zoo grounds close at 9 p.m.
Ages 2-12: $3
Friends of the Zoo Members: $3 per person
2. Lafayette Noel Acadien au Village at LARC’s Acadian Village Each December, LARC’s Acadian Village hosts Noel Acadien au Village. The historic museum “transforms into a Christmas wonderland” with light displays, carnival rides, holiday shopping, and more. The festival serves as a fundraiser benefiting LARC, a local nonprofit organization.
Dates: November 30-December 23
Hours: 5:30-9 p.m.
Admission: $10 at the gate; $8 in advance
3. Alexandria 12 Nights of Christmas: Holiday Light Safari at the Alexandria Zoo Throughout December, residents can enjoy the Holiday Light Safari at the Alexandria Zoo, one of the many events on the 12 Nights of Christmas itinerary. Families can stroll through the zoo’s "wild animal theme" light displays, enjoy train rides, meet Santa, and participate in activities for children. There will be entertainment on select evenings along with photo opportunities and more.
Dates: December 7-8 & 14-23
Hours: 5:30-8:30 p.m.
General Admission: $8 Friends of the Alexandria Zoo Members: $6
Ages 3 & Under: Free
4. Shreveport Songs of the Season at Shreveport Community Church Songs of the Season is a holiday production at Shreveport Community Church. Entertainment for all ages, the performance includes Christmas songs, elaborate costumes, impressive sets, and live animals along with a live outdoor nativity scene.
Showtimes: December 12-14 at 7 p.m. & December 15-16 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Prices: $20, $15, or $10 depending on seats selected
5. Gonzales Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland at Lamar Dixon Expo Center From the comfort of your own vehicle, enjoy “two miles of custom magic!” Christmas lights are synchronized to the music playing in your car radio as you drive through Santa’s Beach Party and more themed light displays. Tickets are purchased on-site, cash or credit.
Dates: November 21, 2018-January 6, 2019
Including holidays, even in the rain!
Hours: Monday-Friday: 6-10 p.m., Saturday-Sunday: 6-10 p.m. or later
Admission: Cars or Family Vans (8 passengers or less): $25
Activity Van, Limo, or Mini/Half Bus: $40
Tour/School Bus: $80
6. Denham Springs Kiwanis Lighting of the Christmas Tree Kiwanis Club of Denham Springs puts on the annual lighting of the Christmas tree with Mayor Gerard Landry. The gathering will be held at the Train Station located at 198 E. Railroad Avenue near the Denham Springs Antique Village. Bring a new, unwrapped toy for Sheriff Jason Ard’s Christmas Crusade to place under the tree before the lighting.
Date: December 13
Time: 6-7 p.m.
7. Hammond Dinner With Santa and Friends at The Party Barn Reserve your seat for a holiday dinner with Santa and friends in Hammond! Dinner will include an appetizer, entree, and dessert. A chicken tender option will be available. Drinks will be unlimited. Tickets must be bought online prior to the event.
Dates: December 16 & 23
Time: 5:30-7 p.m.
Ticket Price: $12
8. Lake Charles Light Up the Lake Christmas Celebration A full day of holiday celebration, Light Up the Lake Christmas Celebration includes: Santa’s Workshop at Civic Center Coliseum from noon-3 p.m., Movies with the Mayor at Rosa Hart Theatre at 3:30 p.m. (featuring “Elf”), and a Lighted Boat Parade at Civic Center Lakefront Promenade at 6 p.m., concluded by a Fireworks Extravaganza over the lake at 6:45 p.m. All events are free, and food booths will be on the lakefront.
Date: December 15 Time:
Begins at noon
9. Monroe Candy Cane Lane Drive Thru Christmas Light Park Candy Cane Lane is a mile-long wooded drive decorated with over 1 million Christmas lights. The drive thru Christmas light park is located in Calhoun, LA, just outside of Monroe.
Dates: November 16-December 31
Hours: 6-10 p.m.
Family Vehicle: $20
Commercial Vehicle: $40
The Get Gordon Team is looking forward to joining our local communities across Louisiana throughout the holiday season. Thank you to every organization and employee working to make this Christmas an exciting and memorable one for many families to enjoy.