Firework Safety ~ Story of Severe Injury

Posted on Jun 25 , 2014
Fireworks are great, beautiful and a fun time, but too often do I see them being misused. Let’s face it, while they seem harmless most of the time, none of us are trained to handle fireworks. It seems simple enough. Light it and throw or light it and run, but every year careless mistakes happen to people of all ages. A couple years ago on New Year's Eve I had an extremely unfortunate accident of my own with fireworks. I mistakenly put a large firework in the tube upside down and it exploded sideways right into my thigh. I had to go to the hospital and eventually surgery the next morning. Thank God, the prognosis was good. But from witnessing the dangers first hand I wanted everyone to know how dangerous fireworks really are. You don’t want to see the pictures for me to prove it. In hopes of reducing these injuries here’s a few common sense reminders from the National Council on Fireworks Safety: •Parents and caretakers should always closely supervise teens if they are using fireworks, and don’t allow young children to handle them. •Always have water ready if you are shooting fireworks. •Know your fireworks.  Read the caution label before igniting. •Obey local laws. If fireworks are not legal where you live, do not use them. •Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. •Wear safety glasses whenever using fireworks. •Never relight a “dud” firework.  Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water. •Soak spent fireworks with water before placing them in an outdoor garbage can. •Avoid using homemade fireworks or illegal explosives: They can kill you! If there’s any important firework safety tips you can think of from your own experiences, please let us know below.

Please Choose A Location

Please Choose A Location

Please Choose A Location

Please Choose A Location

Please Choose A Location

Please Choose A Location

Please Choose A Location

Please Choose A Location

GET GORDON
GET HELP NOW