Five Reasons To Contact A Car Accident Attorney in Shreveport After A Minor Collision
Posted On August 4, 2016
Author: Gordon McKernan
Most drivers understand the importance of getting legal help from a car accident attorney if they have suffered serious injuries or lost a family member in a major automobile collision in Shreveport, Louisiana. But in circumstances of less serious wrecks that result in seemingly minor injuries, such as a sore neck or small fracture, many people do not consider it necessary to seek guidance from an injury lawyer. As experienced personal injury experts, the team at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys has seen the long-term physical, mental and financial effects of car accidents that appear to be trivial. That is why, no matter how insignificant the damage may seem at first, it is always recommended to consult with a knowledgeable car accident attorney in Shreveport if you have been hurt in a crash. While you may end up not needing to pursue a personal injury claim, it is better to be safe than sorry when your future wellbeing could be jeopardized. Here are a few reasons that you should reach out to a personal injury lawyer after being injured in a car wreck.
- An injury lawyer can review the facts of your accident and help you determine next steps. Managing the legal processes after an accident can be overwhelming, especially if you are also suffering from a painful injury. That is where the expertise of a lawyer can help you make the best decision. An attorney knows how the law applies based on the facts of your specific case and they will make sure you are aware of your legal rights and options.
- You are not obligated to go through with any formal legal actions. Just because you choose to discuss your accident with a lawyer doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to go through with litigation. Lawsuits are not the only legal protocols involved in automobile crashes. Having the assistance of a skilled lawyer can be immensely helpful throughout all aspects of a collision aftermath.
- Even less severe injuries can be costly and have significant financial impacts. While you may feel okay immediately following the wreck, the severity of physical damage you have sustained may not be fully realized until weeks later. Your doctor might not even recognize the extent of your injuries right away. Many times car accident injuries are incorrectly diagnosed or severity of your injuries. In addition, the projected costs of medical care for your injuries may be undervalued. Treatment for minor injuries can be very expensive. If this happens, you will need a lawyer to help you communicate that information to the insurance companies as well as those who were at fault.
- You have nothing to lose by contacting a car accident attorney in Shreveport. Just because you choose to discuss your accident with a lawyer doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to file a lawsuit. Your initial consultation with a car accident attorney in Shreveport will be free of charge. And most injury law firms in Louisiana operate on contingency, which means you do not owe any fees unless your case is won. At the Gordon Law Firm, you won’t be under any pressure to make a claim. There is no risk in receiving initial advice from an injury lawyer.
- You need someone who will work to protect your best interests. You may think that the insurance company will respond with a fair offer that covers all your losses. Unfortunately, in many situations, injured parties struggle to receive the money they need to recover because the insurance company may stall or deny payment and fight to limit liability and thereby reduce the amount of money owed to you. An attorney with experience handling car accidents knows how to navigate the fog of confusion that can occur when insurance companies try to give you the runaround. For this reason, it is best to have a legal expert on your side to fight for your rights.
Find A Trusted Car Accident Attorney in Shreveport, LA
With over 25 years of experience representing individuals who have been injured through no fault of their own in an auto accident in Shreveport, Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys has what it takes to go up against big insurance companies and hold those responsible for your injuries accountable. The lawyers at Gordon Law Firm have obtained more than 45 car accident settlements and verdicts of at one million dollars or more for victims all across Louisiana. This is what makes the Get Gordon team among the top injury law firms in the state and why you can be confident that your health and wellbeing are in the hands of professionals with integrity, intelligence and extensive experience. Call the Gordon Law Firm today at 318-300-0000 or complete our online form for a free case review.
Gordon McKernan graduated with his law degree from Loyola University in New Orleans, Louisiana, in 1992. Shortly thereafter, he joined McKernan Law Firm and has been practicing law ever since. He is the owner of the firm, and his primary area of practice is representing ‘ordinary people’ who have been injured because of another’s disregard.