Learn More about Our Business Continuity Plan
Halloween Traditions, Safety Tips and a Costume Contest
I personally have never been the type to dress in full costumes on Halloween. When I was younger I celebrated the holiday just as any child would do but for some reason, I feel like I am too old to dress up. I encourage everyone at my office to dress up, and I enjoy going to festive Halloween parties with my wife to see what everyone is dressed as. What I enjoy most are the preparations for the candy-filled holiday like carving pumpkins, making sure the house is well lit and buying candy for all the trick-or-treaters. I know Halloween is such a fun spirited holiday, but I want to remind everyone to remember their safety tips for tomorrow.
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags to help drivers see you
- Examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them. Limit the amount of treats you eat.
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use established crosswalks wherever possible
- Only walk on sidewalks whenever possible, or on the far edge of the road facing traffic to stay safe.
- Enter homes only if you're with a trusted adult. Only visit well-lit houses. Don't stop at dark houses. Never accept rides from strangers
Since everyone will be dressed in their costume, I would encourage you to take a photo and enter my Halloween photo contest. The first place winner will receive a $100 gift card, second place will receive $75 gift card and third place will receive a $50 gift card.
- FOLLOW me on Instagram @getgordon
- UPLOAD your costume photo & TAG @getgordon
- Winners will be chosen after noon on November 4, 2013