Head-On Car Accident Lawyers in Shreveport
Head-on collisions can result in severe injuries and damages. These accidents are potentially the most unfortunate types of accidents a driver can be involved in. Head-on crashes can occur when a driver crosses the center line on a two-way street or turns the wrong way onto the road. Since the majority of the impact from the car accident is placed at the front of the car where the engine block is, these head-on collisions can cause fatal explosions.
If you have been a victim of this kind of car accident, contact us today for a free and confidential consultation. Though head-on collisions can be devastating, the Gordon McKernan team can help you reclaim your life and get the justice you deserve.
What is a Head-On Collision?
A head-on collision accident is when the front ends of two vehicles collide while traveling in opposite directions. An example of a head-on collision accident could be two cars traveling in opposite directions on a two-way street when, for unknown reasons, one of the cars crosses the center line and strikes the other.
Causes of Head-On Collisions:
- Distracted Driving – Drivers who focus on anything other than the road often contribute to many accidents on the road, including head-on collisions.
- Pileups – A multi-car pileup accident may cause vehicles that are in the middle of the pile to be pushed into the parallel lane of traffic. This can cause a head-on collision.
- Drunk Driving- Intoxicated drivers are a danger to everyone. Their ability to make sound decisions is compromised, and this can contribute to head-on car wrecks.
- Poor Road Conditions – Issues such as potholes and construction can affect people’s ability to control their vehicles, causing frontal crash car accidents.
Common Injuries Suffered in a Head-On Collision:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Head and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Back injuries
- Injuries from airbag deployment
- Fractured and broken bones
- Cuts, bruises, and abrasions
- Internal organ damage
Injured? Get Gordon! Get it Done!
What to do if You’ve Been Involved in a Head-On Collision
If you have been in a frontal car-crash, hiring a lawyer may help you receive the compensation you deserve. While police may investigate the accident, they may not be able to dedicate the time and resources to determine the actual cause. Our team can devote the necessary time and resources to your case to ensure the best possible outcome.
The head-on collision accident lawyers at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys have pursued thousands of car and truck accident cases, and we have the experience necessary to get you the answers you need. We are able to determine if any of the following factors were involved in the collision:
- Roadway hazards or Road defects
- Intoxicated driving
- Talking on a cell phone or texting while driving
- Unsafe passing or racing
- Falling asleep while driving
- Driving too fast/losing control
- Driving the wrong way (one-way street, entrance ramp)
Contact an Experienced Car Wreck Lawyer in Shreveport
Our lawyers at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys are some of the best in the field, and we have the resources to reconstruct your accident with expert detail. When you choose us as your legal counsel, you can trust that we will fight for you to receive the fair compensation you are due. We’ll work to get your case settled as quickly as possible, so you can focus on your well-being. For a free and confidential consultation, contact one of our car wreck attorneys in Shreveport at 318.888.8888!