Head-On Collision Lawyers in Hammond
One of the most common occurring car accidents in the United States each year is the head-on collision accident. These unfortunate accidents are one of the worst and most dangerous types of car crashes. Head-on collisions often end in injury to the driver and passengers of each vehicle and sometimes in the worst cases fatalities. In many cases, head-on collisions are caused by “wrong-way drivers.” This often happens when a vehicle crosses the center line on a two-way highway or street, or turns the wrong way onto the road. Head-on collisions are dangerous because of the combined forces of the two vehicles colliding. In a head-on collision accident, the most impact is focused at the front of the vehicle where the engine block is which can be very dangerous to the driver.
If you or someone you love has been involved and injured in a head-on collision, we want to assist you. The car wreck lawyers at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys in Hammond are experienced in successfully handling head-on collision cases in Hammond and throughout the state of Louisiana.
What is a Head-On Collision?
A head-on collision accident is when the front ends of two vehicles collide while traveling in opposite directions. An example of a head-on collision accident could be two cars traveling in opposite directions on a two-way street when, for unknown reasons, one of the cars crosses the center line and strikes the other.
Causes of Head-On Collisions:
- Distracted Driving – When drivers aren’t paying full attention to the road and are focusing on other things like their phones, it is easy for them to cross the center line on a two-way road or to even lose control of their vehicle causing a head-on collision.
- Pileups – A multi-car accident may cause vehicles that are in the middle of the accident to be pushed into the parallel traffic. This can cause a frontal crash, or head-on collision.
- Drunk Driving- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol significantly impairs reaction times and the ability to make sound decisions. When this happens, the offending drivers can make mistakes or veer into oncoming traffic.>
- Poor Road Conditions – Poor lighting on roadways, debris, construction, and potholes are conditions on the roadway that can cause a driver to veer into oncoming traffic, causing a head-on collision.
Common Injuries Suffered in a Head-On Collision:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Head and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Back injuries
- Injuries from airbag deployment
- Fractured and broken bones
- Cuts, bruises, and abrasions
- Internal organ damage
Injured? Get Gordon! Get it Done!
What to do if You’ve Been Involved in a Head-On Collision
If you are a victim of a head-on collision, it can be hard to figure out how it happened and who was at fault. While police may investigate the accident, they may not be able to dedicate the time and resources to determine the actual cause. It may be in your best interest to hire a professional attorney.
The head-on collision accident lawyers at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys have pursued thousands of car and truck accident cases, and we have the experience necessary to get you the answers you need. We are able to determine if any of the following factors were involved in the collision:
- Roadway hazards or Road defects
- Intoxicated driving
- Talking on a cell phone or texting while driving
- Unsafe passing or racing
- Falling asleep while driving
- Driving too fast/losing control
- Driving the wrong way (one-way street, entrance ramp)
Contact an Experienced Car Wreck Lawyer in Alexandria
Not only do the head-on collision lawyers at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys in Baton Rouge, Ascension, Livingston, and Zachary have the necessary experience to determine the best way to prove your case, but we have the financial resources to employ the top professionals who aid us in reconstructing your accident in detail, so a jury can understand exactly what has happened to you. We understand the serious, catastrophic injuries and fatalities that are often suffered in head-on collisions as well as the devastation they can have on your life. Let us help you. Contact a car accident lawyer at our Baton Rouge office at 225.888.8888 for your free and confidential consultation.