Rear-End Collision Attorneys in Alexandria
Rear-end collisions occur more frequently than any other type of car crash. Rear-end collisions where the car in front is stopped or moving too slowly before the crash account for the majority of these types of accidents. These crashes can cause injuries ranging from minor to fatal, depending on various factors. In many cases, rear-end collisions are a result of a driver’s negligence. This means that the driver who caused the accident did not take the proper safety measures while driving. This could be anything from driving with distractions to not following traffic laws.
If you have been a victim of a rear-end collision and have suffered injuries, you deserve fair compensation for the pain that the offending driver has caused you. The lawyers at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys in Alexandria have represented many rear-end collision accident victims successfully throughout Louisiana, and we are well-prepared to fight on your behalf.
Injured? Get Gordon! Get it Done!
What is a Rear-End Collision?
A rear-end collision happens when one car crashes into the back of another. This type of car accident can happen at low or high speeds, and victims can be particularly vulnerable to neck and back injuries.
Causes of Rear-End Collisions:
- Speeding- Driving at speeds faster than the legal limit can make it hard for drivers to stop quickly if another car stops suddenly in front of them. This can cause a rear-end collision.
- Tailgating is a form of aggressive driving that happens when a driver is following too closely behind another car. Cars may get rear-ended if the tailgater is unable to stop when it is necessary to do so.
- Distracted Driving- There are many distractions on and off the road that can command a driver’s attention. However, when drivers decide to focus on these things instead of driving safely on the streets, all kinds of accidents can happen. These accidents include rear-end collisions.
- Drunk Driving- Driving under the influence is one of the most dangerous ways to cause any accident. When alcohol is in the system, reaction times are slowed, or drivers can become extremely tired. Driving in this state can cause rear-end crash car accidents.
- Drowsy Driving- When people make the decision to drive when they haven’t gotten enough sleep, they can cause rear-end accidents. Tired drivers may fall asleep at the wheel, get distracted by drowsy daydreams, or experience bodily fatigue. Driving this way can be compared to driving under the influence.
- Weather Conditions- The weather makes a significant difference in how drivers have to react to traveling on the road. Bad weather conditions may mean that people have to drive slower than normally or pay more attention to their surroundings. Rear-end accidents can occur if drivers don’t drive appropriately for the weather.
Common Injuries Suffered in a Rear-End Collision:
- Whiplash and soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Herniated disk, neck, and back injuries
- Face and head trauma from the dashboard or airbags
- Chest injuries from the steering wheel
- Carpal tunnel syndrome or broken arms from bracing for impact
- Fatal injuries
Injured? Get Gordon! Get it Done!
What to do if You’ve Been Involved in a Rear-End Collision
Since fault is usually not a question in a rear-impact collision, insurance companies often resort to another tactic to minimize your case – THE LOW IMPACT DEFENSE.
Culpability is typically very clear in a rear-end collision, though there are times when it is not easy to determine fault. Still, insurance agencies will often try to claim that the car accident was low impact, or not forceful enough to cause any physical injuries. Most of the time, insurance companies are aware that their driver caused your injury, so they will use this tactic to avoid giving you your rightful compensation.
The car accident lawyers at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys have represented many Louisianians successfully, even when insurance agencies try to find fault in our clients. Our law firm contracts experts in accident reconstruction, biomechanics, and human factors to determine what could have happened to your body during a rear-end collision accident.
Contact an Experienced Car Wreck Attorney in Alexandria
Though liability tends to be obvious in a rear-end collision, determining compensation can be complex because of injuries that can show up after some time. Our attorneys have fought to successfully recover fair compensation for a variety of situations relating to a rear-end collision. Contact the car accident lawyers in Alexandria at 318.443.8888 for a free and confidential consultation.