Take Justice Back Campaign - Tort Reform
A group of trial lawyers have come together and created a new campaign called “Take Justice Back”. This organization was created to fight for your rights if you are ever injured because of someone else’s negligence. These lawyers don’t represent corporations, they represent YOU.
The Constitution gave you the right to pursue justice in court when you believe you’ve been harmed. But did you know that well-financed corporations circling in Congress are working every day to undermine your rights. They spend hundreds of millions of dollars coming up with ways to avoid accountability when they hurt someone.
These corporations have lobbied for years to avoid accountability by protecting themselves from civil justice when they hurt and injure people. They do this by using phrases like “tort reform” and “frivolous lawsuits.”
What is tort reform, anyway? While each tort reform law is different, they all share one or more of the following goals in common:
• To make it more difficult for injured people to file a lawsuit.
• To make it more difficult for injured people to obtain a jury trial.
• To place limits on the amount of money injured people receive in a lawsuit.
“Take Justice Back” was organized to help you fight back against these powerful corporations that are trying to change the civil justice system.
The four main goals of “Take Justice Back” are:
• Educate people on how and where their rights are being threatened and the corporate front groups behind these efforts;
• Motivate Americans by sharing real stories of people denied justice;
• Engage consumers through blogs, Twitter & Facebook;
• Empower activism by creating a portal where people can share their stories, send letters to Congress, sign petitions and submit their own blogs.
For more information and to support their cause, visit the website www.takejusticeback.com. And help in the fight to protect your rights!