Defective drugs–such as the widely used heartburn medication Zantac–can injure millions of people every year. The CDC reports that around 1.3 million visits to the emergency room are related to adverse drug reactions. Many of these cases are caused by drug manufacturers failing to properly test for risks in trials, or to warn patients about the risks they could face by taking their drugs. Defective medication can cause a number of illnesses and other injuries, including
- Stroke and other brain problems, such as seizures
- Heart attack or other heart problems
- Cancer, including bladder cancer, pancreatitis, liver cancer, and others
- Organ perforation
- Sexual dysfunction
- Uncontrolled or excessive bleeding or blood clots
- Mental health issues, including increased risk of depression, compulsive behaviors, and suicide
- Birth defects, if taken by pregnant women
- Rash and other skin issues
- Permanent disability
- or even death
If you or a loved one has developed one of these symptoms or another health complication after taking medication, you could be eligible for compensation. Call the experienced defective medication lawyers at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys for a free legal consultation. We’ve helped thousands of clients recover the compensation they deserved after being victimized by Big Pharma.
GET HELP NOW!