If you’ve suffered an injury in a car accident, you’re likely out of work, racking up medical bills, and unsure of where to turn for financial relief. Even though you’ll be out of work for weeks or even months, your expenses will not decrease. So why is your accident settlement taking so long?
The fact of the matter is, there are many reasons why your personal injury settlement or car accident claim is taking so long to resolve, including
- Negotiations with your or the other driver’s insurance company
- Reaching maximum medical improvement
- Investigating the cause of the crash
- Determining who should be held responsible
- and others
At Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys, we understand how frustrating it can be waiting for a settlement offer—we work with our clients every day to resolve their injury claims as quickly and as equitably as possible. However, handling a personal injury claim is complex. Rest assured, we’re working tirelessly to help our clients with all of the following:
- Determining the proper time to file legal motions, such as your initial demand and followups
- Determining the amount to demand
- Consulting medical professionals to determine your maximum medical improvement, that is, the maximum amount of healing you can be expected to do
- Consulting with financial professionals to determine the economic and non-economic costs of your injuries
- and more
Your insurance company might try to delay your claim and avoid paying out the full amount you’re owed. After we submit your initial demand letter, they might fire back with any number of requests that can delay your settlement including:
- Demand for proof of damages, or all the documents that we’ve consulted to determine the damages to demand
- Insistence that the claim is bloated, and begin to whittle away at your compensation (don’t worry; Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys are experienced in handling this tactic)
- Questioning their liability, claiming you had a preexisting condition, that you were partially responsible, or that someone else was
Insurance companies often try to drag their feet on a settlement to convince you to take a lower payout. With Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys on your side, you can be confident that we’ll get the maximum compensation you’re entitled to. In fact, we don’t charge our clients a dime unless we’ve won their case—that’s the G Guarantee. Give us a call today at 888.501.7888 for a free consultation and to get started on healing from your injuries.
GET HELP NOW!