While every case is different, the average settlement pay-out for a motorcycle accident injury is $80,000. This amount refers only to the personal injury settlement, not the property damage settlement for repairing or replacing the bike itself. However, it is important to note that if you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident due to another’s carelessness, your final compensation will be affected by a number of factors including:
- The extent and related cost of your injuries, including medical bills, therapy costs, and lost wages
- Non-economic damages related to the accident, such as your pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life
- The damage to your motorcycle, including repair costs or the cost of a replacement if your insurance deems your bike is totaled
- and others
An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you determine the full amount to seek for compensation after your injury. Sadly, there are many reasons that you might not be able to recover the full amount you deserve, including
- The liable party had no bodily injury liability (BIL) insurance, or limited BIL insurance
- The liable party had no insurance or too little insurance, and the victim had no uninsured motorist insurance
- The victim accepts the first settlement offer from their insurance, or fails to get an experienced motorcycle injury lawyer to help them with their case
Remember: insurance companies are in the interest of making money, not helping you fully heal from your injuries. Call a personal injury lawyer with Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys at 888.501.7888 to fight for your interests and get the full compensation you need to heal and move on with your life.
GET HELP NOW!