Lafayette Delivery Truck Accident Attorneys
If you have experienced injuries or losses due to a delivery truck accident, there is a potential path for seeking justice and holding the responsible party accountable. At Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys, our team of Lafayette delivery truck accident attorneys is ready to assist you in navigating the claims process and securing the rightful compensation you deserve.
Did you know that the surge in online shopping has significantly increased the number of delivery trucks traversing our interstates and highways? In fact, these massive trucks are now responsible for transporting over 70% of all goods throughout the United States.
Especially with the recent developments, like the Amazon Fulfillment Center Warehouse in Carencro, Lafayette will only have more and more delivery truck drivers on I-10 and I-12. Unfortunately, more delivery truck drivers mean that Lafayette delivery truck accidents can affect bystanders, drivers, and passengers on any major roadway.
Click to Contact Our Lafayette Delivery Truck Accident Attorney Today
Steps to Take Following a Lafayette Delivery Truck Accident
Immediately following an accident, your priority should always be your well-being. However, there are certain steps you can take after an accident that can help set you up for success once you are ready to file a claim, including:
- Prioritize medical attention: Even if there are no clear signs that you have sustained injuries, seek a medical examination first. Some medical issues can appear later on, and you will want documentation to use as evidence in your case.
- Call the police: If you did not call the police to the scene immediately, call them soon after the accident and file a report. They can determine the cause of the accident and who is at fault, two valuable pieces of information when building your case.
- Gather evidence: If possible, photograph the accident scene, vehicle damage, and any injuries you sustained. In addition, contact any witnesses who can provide statements to the police and your lawyer. Also, keep all relevant documents like medical bills, maintenance receipts, and insurance paperwork- all of this will be useful to your claim.
- Consult with our Lafayette delivery truck accident attorneys: Seeking guidance from an experienced attorney is your next best course of action. They have the expertise to explore your legal options, negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, and represent you in court if needed. Remember to never sign settlement offers or release forms without consulting your lawyer!
Deadline for Filing Lafayette Delivery Truck Accident Claims
Being aware of the limited time window you have to file a personal injury lawsuit in Lafayette after your accident is crucial. Established by the Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492, your filing deadline will likely be within a year. You will want to use as much time as possible to build a strong case, so we strongly suggest starting your claim immediately.
While many Lafayette traffic accidents get resolved outside the courtroom, more complex cases sometimes require a lawsuit. If you find yourself in that circumstance, filing before the deadline is necessary for giving yourself the best chance of receiving compensation.
Failing to meet the deadline could prevent our team from presenting your case in front of the court, which would also lessen your chances of obtaining the compensation you deserve.
Understanding the Dangers of Lafayette Delivery Truck Accidents
The home delivery industry’s rising domination in the past several years has notably increased the number of truck fatalities involving trucks over 10,000 pounds by a staggering 25%. These are only the few delivery truck accident statistics that prove that these accidents will occur more often.
Despite being trained and licensed to operate these trucks, delivery drivers encounter several risks that may result in accidents, which require an experienced Lafayette delivery truck attorney.
Here are a few of the common causes of delivery truck accidents in Lafayette:
- Fatigue: Long working hours and frequent stops can result in fatigue and drowsiness among delivery drivers. Fatigue impairs their judgment and reaction time, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Distraction: Delivery drivers may become distracted by their GPS, phones, or other devices while driving. These distractions can lead to missed traffic signals, sudden maneuvers, and collisions with other vehicles or objects.
- Speeding: Pressure to meet tight deadlines or quotas can prompt delivery drivers to exceed speed limits. This behavior jeopardizes their ability to maintain control of their vans, leading to potentially dangerous situations.
- Poor maintenance: Regular maintenance and inspections are vital for ensuring delivery vans are safe to drive. Neglecting proper maintenance can result in mechanical failures, such as brake or tire problems, significantly increasing the likelihood of accidents.
- Weather conditions: Delivery drivers often face challenging weather conditions, such as rain, snow, or fog. These adverse weather conditions reduce visibility and escalate the risks of skidding or hydroplaning.
Losses You Can Recover in a Delivery Truck Accident Case
We can advocate for your compensation if there is enough compelling evidence of negligence and liability in your case. Some of the losses you could get compensation for include the following:
- Medical expenses: This covers any finances you spent on current and future medical treatment from injuries caused by the truck accident.
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity: If the injuries caused by the accident have kept you from work or limited your ability to work, you could receive compensation for any money you did not make during your recovery time.
- Property damage: covers any damages inflicted on your vehicle and other personal belongings during the accident.
- Out-of-pocket expenses: This covers any other expenses directly caused by the accident, like home or transportation costs.
- Pain, suffering, and non-economic losses: include any intangible or physical and emotional distress brought on from losses, trauma, and drastic life changes you have experienced due to the accident.
If a person loses their life in a delivery truck accident, immediate family members may be eligible to pursue wrongful death damages. Our compassionate team can assess your situation and determine if you qualify to take legal action based on the tragic loss of your loved one in a Lafayette delivery truck accident.
Constructing a Strong Lafayette Delivery Truck Claim
At Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys, our team of committed attorneys is seasoned experts at supporting citizens involved in delivery truck accidents, not only in Lafayette but across the whole state. We know that no two cases are exactly alike and understand the ins and outs of liability laws. Equipped with this knowledge, we have what it takes to help each unique case.
You can also have peace of mind knowing that a Lafayette delivery truck accident lawyer from our firm will work diligently to prove negligence and liability on the responsible party. This work includes consulting with an expert to reconstruct the accident and examining your injuries for potential healthcare needs.
What is our goal when assisting you? Everyone at our firm wants you to receive compensation for any car accident-related expenses, so you can focus on what matters most- your recovery. With this goal in mind, we offer legal services based on the Gordon Guarantee, so you won’t have to pay anything upfront. You only pay us if we win your case and secure your well-owed compensation!
Thanks to our 10 locations, we’ve dedicated ourselves to making an impactful presence in helping accident victims obtain the justice they deserve. If you have experienced a delivery truck accident in Lafayette and need guidance through the legal process, we encourage you to reach out to us.
Our delivery truck accident lawyers in Lafayette are here to be a helping hand in your time of need!
Lafayette Delivery Truck Accident Attorneys: Get Gordon!
If you have been in an accident with a Lafayette delivery truck, know that the skilled lawyers at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys are here to help. Our team of Lafayette delivery truck attorneys specializes in holding the responsible party’s employer accountable for your injuries. Whether it’s guiding you through the insurance claim process or constructing a strong case to present in court, we have you covered.
Call us at (337) 999-999 for a FREE consultation to discuss your accident, injuries, and recovery with us at no cost.
Lafayette Delivery Truck Accident Attorney Near Me
How It Works
Filing a claim with Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys is easy! Simply follow the steps below.
Get Your Free Consultation
An Attorney Will Reach Out