Aviation Accident Lawyer in Louisiana
Being involved or losing a loved one in an aviation accident can be one of the hardest ordeals of your life. While you’re dealing with the pain from your injuries or loss, trying to get your affairs in order, and still processing what happened, you also have hard-to-answer questions:
- What caused this accident?
- Could it have been prevented?
- What are my family’s rights?
If the airline is responsible, their insurance representatives will try to talk to you about the crash, or even sign a settlement document, while you’re still in shock and vulnerable. However, you should never sign documents without talking to an experienced aviation accident attorney, or you could lose out on needed compensation to help pay for your medical bills, ongoing treatment, funeral costs, and pain and suffering.
Luckily, you don’t have to face the future alone. The Louisiana aviation accident lawyers with Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys are just a phone call away. Call us at 888.501.7888 for a free consultation about your case. A dedicated lawyer will listen to the facts, provide guidance, and start investigating your claim right away. Hold the airline and other responsible parties accountable for their negligence with the help of an aviation lawyer from the Get Gordon team.
Click to Contact Our Louisiana Aviation Accident Lawyers Today
Types of Aviation Accident Cases Gordon McKernan Can Help With
Our Louisiana personal injury law firm has represented clients involved in several types of aviation accidents. If you’re thinking about taking legal action after being the victim of a plane crash, you can trust that our aviation attorneys can represent you in aviation accidents as diverse as
- Aviation accidents due to defective parts or faulty maintenance
- Mid-air collisions
- Helicopter crashes
- Air ambulance crashes
- Accidents of corporate aircraft
- Commercial aircraft accidents
- and others
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an aircraft accident, give us a call to meet with one of our attorneys. We’ll help you understand your legal rights.
What Causes Aviation Accidents in Louisiana?
A main contributing factor to aircraft-related accidents is defects in parts. It’s vitally important for all aircraft to be regularly inspected for maintenance issues and other defects. Airplane defects can occur in any of the following, whether they’re caused by wear and tear, improper design, improper maintenance, or another reason:
- Engines and controls
- Fuel tank
- Landing gear
- Wheels, tires, or braking system
- Navigation system
- Rudder or spoilers
- Wing or propeller components
Determining When Defects Are a Factor in an Aviation Accident
Before any flight, multiple people are involved in an aircraft’s maintenance, preparation, and inspection. These can include
- Aircraft manufacturers
- Ground crew
- and others
As your aviation accident lawyers, it’s our job to determine what caused your accident and who’s responsible for your damages. We’ll launch an investigation into your case to determine who’s at fault and who to demand reparations from.
All airplanes should be routinely inspected and maintained to prevent accidents from occurring, so when someone fails to notice, report, or repair a malfunctioning part or other defects, they can be held accountable.
The Role of Expert Witnesses in Your Aviation Accident Claim
Aviation accidents are, in a word, complicated. There are multiple factors involved in an accident, as well as multiple parties involved, and usually multiple serious injuries or deaths. Almost anything can contribute to an aircraft crash, including negligent crew, malfunctioning parts, inept ground control, or even weather conditions.
To determine who’s at fault in your family’s tragedy, we’ll consult with expert witnesses who can analyze and explain the circumstances surrounding your accident. Their professional opinions will help determine fault in your claim and can help to maximize your compensation.
Types of Aviation Experts
Airplanes and other craft are large machines with thousands of parts and hundreds of systems, all interacting with each other in a complex dance. Depending on the cause of your accident, our airplane accident lawyers will consult with the following experts to verify specific details about your claim:
- Accident reconstructionists illustrate the circumstances of your accident to a judge and jury in a way that’s easy to understand for the layperson. Many of these experts are accredited and are members of organizations like the National Association of Professional Accident Reconstruction Specialists, the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, and other groups.
- Aerodynamics experts can evaluate how a plane’s or helicopter’s propellers, rotors, propulsion systems, air load or structural calculations, and other systems played a role in an accident.
- Air traffic controllers are seasoned experts who can describe what could or should have happened during the events leading up to a crash. Most are current or former air traffic specialists, and some are even pilots or flight instructors themselves.
- Aircraft engineers can advise and testify as to the role that aircraft design defects contributed in the crash. Among other things, an aircraft engineer can assess the craft’s design, electrical systems, fuel system, and workmanship.
- Airline employees can testify to the role human error might have played in the crash since they were the people on the ground and in the crew at the time of the incident. Their testimony is vital to uncovering the truth of what happened.
- Manufacturers and aviation manufacturing experts can review avionics, systems designs, controls, and other systems for mechanical defects that could’ve led to a loss of control from the pilot.
- Weather experts can testify as to the role inclement weather had in the incident. These experts will examine evidence from the crash and model the weather leading up to it to see what effect rain, ice, lightning, wind shear, clouds, fog, and other conditions could have had in your case.
Get the Help You Need from the Get Gordon Team
If you or a loved one has been involved in a plane crash, helicopter crash, or other aviation accident, give us a call at 888.501.7888. The personal injury lawyers with Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys have 679+ years of combined legal experience representing Louisiana victims of aircraft injuries in court, and we can help you too. Call us today to begin your path to healing.
Louisiana Aviation Accident Lawyer Near Me
How It Works
Filing a claim with Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys is easy! Simply follow the steps below.
Get Your Free Consultation
An Attorney Will Reach Out