Common Car Accident Injuries
Each year, unexpected car accidents leave victims with injuries that range from minor and short-term to serious and long-term. In addition to your injuries you may also suffer from loss of wages and expensive medical bills. Regardless of the severity of your injuries, the team at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys believes that you deserve compensation for your pain and suffering.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident, our team of experienced car wreck lawyers in Louisiana can help you. Our attorneys have recovered at least $1 million dollars in over 84 car wreck settlements and verdicts to help Louisiana car wreck victims receive the compensation they deserve.
Injured? Get Gordon! Get it Done!
What Type of Injuries are involved in Car Accidents?
- – Occurs when a person’s head moves backward and then forward suddenly with great force. Whiplash is a result of the muscles and ligaments of your neck extending beyond typical range of motion. It’s a relatively mild condition but can cause long-term discomfort. It is important to note that when you suffer whiplash your symptoms may not appear for a while, so it is very important to pay attention to changes in the days following your car accident.
- Scrapes and cuts – As a result of your car accident you may have scrapes and cuts in various places of your body. These scrapes and cuts may be painful and can also pose a risk for complications and infections.
- Head injuries – Head injuries can cause immediate and permanent damage or complications. If these injuries are not treated properly, they can cause long-term brain function issues in addition to headaches and difficulty sleeping.
- Broken ribs – Your ribs are very fragile, so even the lightest impact can cause ribs to break. Broken ribs can cause pain and discomfort and may require you to rest for a long period of time.
Broken bones – Broken legs, arms, and hips are very common in car accident victims. When the force put on your body is more than your bones can handle, your bones will break. Broken bones are common in rear-end and T-bone accidents.
- Internal bleeding – Unfortunately, it is also common for victims of a car accident to suffer from internal bleeding. Internal bleeding can be dangerous if it is not treated quickly after the accident occurs. It is extremely important that victims of a crash seek immediate medical attention.
- Herniated disks – A herniated disc injury occurs when one or more vertebrae in your spine either ruptures or shifts. This type of injury can cause pain, discomfort, and other complications.
How to Avoid Car Accident Injuries
Although you cannot control the actions of other drivers on the road, you can take precautions to try to stay as safe as possible. For example, you can wear your seatbelt and make sure you are driving the speed limit. Wearing a seatbelt while driving can prevent ejection and more serious injuries during a crash. Car accidents that involve speeding are, many times, more severe than they would have been if the driver obeyed the posted speed limits.
What to Do If You’ve Been Injured During a Car Accident
- Check for injuries and contact police
- Seek immediate medical treatment
- Gather evidence from the accident scene
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney in Louisiana
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, we want to help. The car accident lawyers at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys are experienced to handle even the most complex cases. We want you to be able to recover from your injuries while we take care of the paperwork and legal obligations. Do not hesitate to contact our office for a free and confidential consultation. Our offices are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call!