Rental Car Accident Lawyer in Louisiana
If you’ve ever rented a car in Louisiana, then you’re probably well aware of how useful one can be. Having a rental car available when you need one can make life easier, whether you’re traveling for work or pleasure.
But what happens if you get into an accident while driving a rental car in Louisiana? Who’s responsible? How can you protect your rights?
That’s when a Louisiana rental car accident lawyer at comes in. We can help you investigate the car accident, determine who’s at fault, and get you the compensation you deserve.
Click to Contact Our Louisiana Rental Car Accident Lawyers Today
Accident Involving a Rental Car? Here’s What you Need to Know
Rental car accidents can be a frustrating experience, especially when it comes to determining liability and compensation. However, accidents happen, and when they do, it’s important to get in touch with a rental car accident lawyer as soon as possible and remember the points below.
First and foremost, it’s crucial to establish who was at fault for the car accident. If the other driver is responsible for the accident, their insurance company will cover any damages or injuries from the crash. In other words, a rental car accident such as this is treated like any other car accident in Louisiana.
But, if you were driving the rental car and caused the accident, things can get a bit complicated. The liability for compensation may depend on whether you bought additional insurance through the rental car company. If you did, then their insurance company will cover any damages or injuries resulting from the accident.
However, if you didn’t purchase insurance through the rental car company, you’ll have to go through your primary insurance company. In some cases, your insurance policy may also provide coverage if the driver is uninsured or underinsured.
Rental Car Accidents Can Cause Catastrophic Injuries
Unfortunately, rental car accidents can lead to catastrophic injuries, some of which include
Keep in mind that rental cars are often driven by individuals who are unfamiliar with the vehicle, which can increase the risk of accidents. There’s also a chance that the rental car may not have been properly maintained or inspected, which can lead to mechanical failures that can cause accidents. Equally important, rental car accidents can involve multiple vehicles, which can increase the severity of injuries sustained by drivers and passengers.
A Rental Car Hit Me, What Should I Do?
Getting into a car accident that involves a rental can make things difficult. So it’s important to take the appropriate steps, such as:
1. Get medical treatment: Even if you’re not sure how badly you’re injured, calling for medical attention will ensure that you receive the proper treatment and that your injuries are documented.
2. Contact law enforcement: When law enforcement arrives, they will help clear away debris and write a police report which can help prove your claim with the insurance company.
3. Gather evidence: It’s important to write down the driver’s name, contact info, license plate number, and insurance company. Taking pictures of the accident scene is a good idea too.
4. Contact the rental company: You should contact the car rental company as soon as possible because there will be paperwork to fill out. You should also read your own insurance policy and note the car rental’s insurance policy.
5. Speak to a car rental lawyer: Anytime you’re injured in a crash and someone else is to blame, you should seek legal help. A rental car accident lawyer can communicate with the at-fault party and all the insurance companies involved to ensure you’re protected.
Compensation After a Rental Car Accident
Maybe you’re thinking “A Hertz rental car hit me, how will the damages get paid?” Thankfully, a rental car accident lawyer at our firm can help you calculate your losses and then demand full compensation.
The most common types of damages include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- And property damage
Don’t hesitate to talk to a rental car accident lawyer from our firm if you have any questions. They will be able to explain all the compensation above that you may be entitled to receive.
Hire a Car Accident Attorney at Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys
Rental car accidents can be stressful. If you or someone you know was involved in one, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. This is where a rental car accident lawyer at can help. Schedule a FREE consultation with us and we’ll get started on your rental car accident case right away. Even better, you won’t have to pay us a dime until we win your case, that’s the G Guarantee!
Louisiana Rental Car Accident Lawyer Near Me
How It Works
Filing a claim with Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys is easy! Simply follow the steps below.
Get Your Free Consultation
An Attorney Will Reach Out