Rental Car Accident Lawyer in Baton Rouge
You probably know how beneficial a car can be if you’ve ever rented one in Baton Rouge. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, having a rental car at your convenience when you need one can make life simpler.
But what happens if you’re involved in a car accident in Baton Rouge while driving a rental? Who is accountable? How can your rights be upheld?
This is when a Baton Rouge rental car accident lawyer steps in. At Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys, we can help identify the responsible party and get you the compensation you need to move forward.
Click to Contact Our Baton Rouge Rental Car Accident Lawyers Today
Rental Car Accidents Can Cause Catastrophic Injuries
Truth be told, rental car accidents can turn into catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Severe burns
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- And even wrongful death
FYI: 1) Remember that unfamiliar drivers are frequently behind the wheel of rental cars, which raises the possibility of accidents. 2) There’s a potential that the rental car may not have received adequate maintenance or inspection, which could result in mechanical breakdowns and accidents. 3) Incidents involving rental cars may involve several vehicles, which may worsen the injuries suffered by the drivers and passengers.
Accident Involving a Rental Car? Take Note
Being involved in a rental car accident can be a frustrating experience. Determining liability and compensation can be complex, which is why it’s essential to get help from a Baton Rouge rental car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
So, who pays for the rental car after the accident? Here’s what you need to know.
Firstly, it’s crucial to determine who was at fault for the accident. If it was a not-at-fault accident rental car situation, then the other driver will be responsible for the accident and their insurance company will cover any damages or injuries resulting from the crash. Essentially, a rental car accident is treated like any other car accident in Louisiana.
However, if you were driving the rental car and caused the accident, the process can be a bit more complicated. The liability for compensation may depend on whether you purchased additional insurance through the rental car company. If you did, their insurance company will cover any damages or injuries resulting from the accident.
In the event that you did not purchase insurance through the rental car company, you’ll have to go through your primary insurance company. It’s worth noting that in some cases, your insurance policy may also provide coverage if the driver is uninsured or underinsured.
A Rental Car Hit Me: What You Should Do
Getting into a car accident that involves a rental can be very stressful. This is why you should take the appropriate steps, including
- Seek medical treatment: Even if you’re not sure of the severity of your injuries, calling for medical attention will get you to proper treatment and make sure your injuries are recorded.
- Call law enforcement: They will help clear away debris and write a police report which can help prove your claim with the insurance company.
- Collect evidence: It’s important to write down things like the driver’s name, contact info, license plate number, and insurance company. Taking pictures of the accident scene is a good idea too.
- Call the rental company: You should call the car rental company asap because there will be paperwork to fill out. You should also read your own insurance policy and note the car rental’s insurance policy.
- Talk to a car rental lawyer: Anytime you’re injured in a crash and someone else is to blame, you should seek legal help. A rental car accident lawyer can communicate with the at-fault party and all the insurance companies involved to ensure you’re protected.
Compensation After a Rental Car Accident
If you’ve been involved in a rental car accident in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, there are several types of compensation that you may be entitled to receive, including:
1. Property damage: If the accident caused damage to the rental car, you can receive compensation to cover the cost of repairs or replacement of the vehicle.
2. Medical expenses: You may be entitled to receive compensation to cover the cost of medical expenses, such as hospital bills, doctor’s fees, prescription medications, and rehabilitation expenses.
3. Lost wages: If the accident caused you to miss work, you can gain compensation to cover the wages you lost as a result of the accident.
4. Pain and suffering: Physical or emotional pain and suffering? You may be entitled to receive compensation to account for these damages.
5. Punitive damages: In some cases, if the at-fault party acted with negligence, you may be entitled to receive punitive damages, which are designed to punish the at-fault party.
Hire a Car Accident Attorney at Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys
Accidents in rental cars can be upsetting. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if you or someone you know was hurt in one. This is where a Baton Rouge rental car accident lawyer can help at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys.
Get in touch with us to arrange a FREE consultation, and we’ll go to work on your rental car accident case right immediately. The G Guarantee makes it even better because you won’t have to pay us anything until we win your case!
Baton Rouge Rental Car Accident Lawyer Near Me
How It Works
Filing a claim with Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys is easy! Simply follow the steps below.
Get Your Free Consultation
An Attorney Will Reach Out