When you find yourself up against a large trucking company, it can be an intimidating and overwhelming situation. But don’t worry, our Louisiana truck accident lawyers at , are here to help you understand how to take on these giants and fight for your rights.
Discover how we’ve mastered the art of gathering evidence and navigating legal complexities to fiercely fight against big trucking companies. Join us on this journey to protect your interests and take them down, hand in hand!
How Do We Fight Against A Large Trucking Company?
- Gather Evidence – Document the Scene, Collect Witness Statements, Obtain Police Reports, Preserve Physical Evidence, Request Black Box Data
- Consult an Experienced Attorney
- Find an Expert Witness
First Things First—Understanding The Power Imbalance
Did you know that according to research, there are over 160,000 truck accidents annually? Additionally, approximately 32% of these accidents result in injuries, while around 3% lead to fatalities.
With that in mind, it’s important to know that large trucking companies have significant power in the transportation industry. With a vast fleet of vehicles and extensive networks, they can have the upper hand in legal battles. Moreover, their financial resources allow them to hire top-tier legal representation to defend their interests vigorously.
As an individual, you may initially feel like David facing Goliath. However, it’s essential to remember that the law is designed to protect everyone, regardless of their size or resources. By following the right steps and seeking experienced legal counsel from , you can level the playing field and fight for justice.
Gathering Evidence: The Key to Success
One of the crucial aspects of taking on a large trucking company is collecting strong evidence to support your case. In trucking accident cases, evidence can make or break your claim. Here are some steps to help you gather the necessary evidence:
- Document the Scene: If you’re involved in a trucking accident, ensure you document the scene. Take photographs and videos from various angles to capture the details. This evidence can be invaluable when reconstructing the accident.
- Collect Witness Statements: Speak to any witnesses who saw the accident. Their statements can provide critical testimonies that corroborate your version of events.
- Obtain Police Reports: Police reports often contain valuable information about the accident, including details about the drivers involved, road conditions, and any violations.
- Preserve Physical Evidence: If possible, preserve any physical evidence such as vehicle damage, skid marks, or debris. This evidence can be essential in establishing liability.
- Request Black Box Data: Many commercial trucks are equipped with event data recorders (EDRs) or “black boxes.” These devices record crucial information about the truck’s speed, braking, and other parameters during the accident.
Role of an Expert Witness in the Fight Against A Large Trucking Company
Gathering evidence is paramount when dealing with trucking accident cases. However, it’s worth noting that in complex cases, such as those involving large trucking companies, expert witnesses can play a pivotal role in strengthening your case.
Expert witnesses are individuals with specialized knowledge and expertise in specific fields related to the accident. These experts can provide valuable insights, analysis, and testimony to support your claims.
Navigating Legal Complexities
Taking on a large trucking company involves dealing with complex legal issues. Here are some steps to help you navigate these intricacies:
- Consult with an Experienced Attorney: As you can more than likely tell by now, hiring an attorney with skills in trucking accident cases is essential. They can provide you with valuable guidance, assess the strength of your case, and advocate for your rights.
- Determine Liability: Establishing liability is a critical aspect of your case. Your attorney will help identify all responsible parties, which may include the truck driver, the trucking company, and even third parties like maintenance contractors.
- Calculate Damages: Assessing the extent of your damages is crucial for determining the compensation you deserve. Damages can include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damage.
- Negotiate or Litigate: Your attorney will help you decide whether to negotiate a settlement with the trucking company or proceed with litigation. They will advocate for the option that maximizes your chances of a favorable outcome.
- Prepare for Trial: If your case goes to trial, your attorney will meticulously prepare your case, gather witnesses, and present a compelling argument in court.
Truck Accident? Contact Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys Today!
Taking on a large trucking company may seem daunting, but with the right strategies and experienced legal counsel, you can protect your rights and seek justice. At , we have . In other words, we’ve mastered the art of gathering evidence and navigating legal complexities to fiercely fight against big trucking companies!
Remember, you don’t have to face these giants alone. Reach out to us today, and let us stand by your side as we work together to protect your interests and hold trucking companies accountable for their actions. As part of our G Guarantee, you won’t owe us anything unless we win your case.
It’s time to Get Gordon and Get it Done!
GET HELP NOW!