Experienced Zachary Truck Accident Attorneys
Zachary, Louisiana is home to a long stretch of LA-19, a trucking thoroughfare between the city of Baton Rouge and northern parts of East Baton Rouge Parish and beyond. Due to the large number of trucks coming off I-110 on their way to Zachary and other points northward, traffic collisions, injuries, and even fatalities have been increasing in recent years.
Of course, cars, trucks, and SUVs have also been becoming safer over time, with active and passive safety systems, better construction, and more. However, in an 18-wheeler collision, the difference in mass between it and your car is so great that you might still experience major injuries, property damage, or worse.
If you’ve suffered from a tractor-trailer accident near Zachary, you need a personal injury lawyer you can trust to fight for your interests against those of the trucking company and their insurance. Remember, these companies only care about their bottom lines, so they’ll try to pay out as little as possible. We know that you need more than the minimum to heal from your injuries and move on with your life.
Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys has been practicing law in Zachary for decades, so we have the know-how and passion to help you find the restitution you need. Give us a call and start getting your life back together.
Click to contact our Zachary Truck Accident Lawyers Today
Types of Zachary Truck Accident Injuries
Because 18-wheelers weigh between 20–30 times more than the average Zachary commuter car, they take much longer to stop and can cause much more damage in an accident. If you do experience a collision with a tractor trailer, your outcome can be grim: around two-thirds of the people who died in a truck accident in 2018 were those in the passenger car. Even if you survive the collision itself, you can experience a number of injuries, including the following:
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in long-term or permanent disability including total paralysis below the injury. Victims often require wheelchairs or other assistive devices, lose work, and experience significant changes in their quality of life.
- Head injuries, especially traumatic brain injuries (TBI) occur when a victim’s head strikes the hard surfaces inside their car, like the windows, dashboard, steering wheel, and doors. Even after surviving a TBI, the victim’s quality of life can be significantly impacted, including long-term memory loss and other major mental issues.
- Broken bones are very common after truck wrecks, as well as skeletal dislocations. Victims experience extreme pain and a loss of mobility for weeks or months, as well as an increased risk of other health issues like blood loss and infection.
- Whiplash can occur when the head moves back and forward suddenly and forcefully, and injures the muscles and ligaments of the neck. While whiplash is relatively minor as far as injuries go, it can cause long-term discomfort. Symptoms can appear days or even weeks after your semi truck accident, so it’s important to be aware of its existence.
- Accidents involving large trucks can also lead to burn injuries if the gasoline or diesel lines are severed and there’s a spark. If you’re not able to exit your vehicle quickly enough, you could suffer burns, which range in severity from first-degree burns that impact the outer layer of skin, to third- and fourth-degree burns that cause lasting damage and serious complications.
What to do after a Zachary truck accident
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident in Zachary, call 911 as soon as you know you and your passengers are safe. Once you’ve given your statement to the police officer at the scene, do the following:
- Call Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys for a free consultation, or see if your case qualifies online by filling out our intake form.
- A member of our legal team will review your case. Do not call your insurance company! Remember, their priority is paying you the least amount possible for your injuries.
- Once we’ve determined your case’s eligibility, we’ll begin gathering evidence and building your case to help you get the compensation you need to move on with your life.
What to expect after making your truck wreck accident claim
Typically, monetary settlements and truck accident judgments result in plaintiff awards ranging from the tens of thousands to low millions of dollars. This compensation is dependent on a number of factors, including the costs relating to your medical and hospital bills, repair or replacement of your vehicle, the cost of lost work, and more.
A knowledgeable injury attorney is paramount in a case like this. Do not try to represent yourself in court! The personal injury attorneys at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys are highly qualified professionals who’ve negotiated and argued truck accident injury cases for years. We know how to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Big Rig Accident Attorney in Zachary
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries from an 18-wheeler crash near Zachary, call Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys today. We’re experienced truck accident lawyers who are committed to helping our clients get back to their lives after facing a life-altering crash, and we won’t charge you a dime until we win or settle your case. You deserve fiscal compensation to help you heal from the pain and suffering you’ve experienced through no fault of your own. Call Gordon McKernan today to get started.
Zachary Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me
How It Works
Filing a claim with Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys is easy! Simply follow the steps below.
Get Your Free Consultation
An Attorney Will Reach Out