Lake Charles Hurricane Claims Lawyer
Hurricanes can be devastating, and Lake Charles, Louisiana is no stranger to their destructive power. If you’ve suffered damage from a hurricane, you should seek the guidance of an experienced Lake Charles hurricane claims lawyer to help you with your hurricane insurance claim.
At Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys, we have a team of skilled hurricane claims lawyers who are dedicated to advocating for individuals who have suffered losses due to hurricanes. We believe it’s our responsibility to work hard to ensure our clients receive the compensation they deserve!
Click to Contact Our Lake Charles Hurricame Damage Claims Lawyers Today
How Much Can a Hurricane Cause Damage?
Statistics show that hurricanes can cause staggering damage.
According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), there were 56 weather disasters in the US between 2019 and 2021 that resulted in over $1 billion in damages each. Additionally, from 1980 to 2021, the estimated damage total from weather-related disasters is a staggering $2.155 trillion.
Filing an Insurance Claim After a Hurricane
If you’ve suffered damage from a hurricane in Lake Charles, Louisiana, you must file an insurance claim within 180 days of the catastrophic event. It’s advisable to get the process started as soon as possible, and you should take the following 7 steps:
1. Contact your insurance company and give them all the required information, such as your policy number, the date of the hurricane, and the amount of damage.
2. Record any damage by taking pictures and videos of your property, including any personal belongings that were damaged and purchase dates if possible.
3. Stop further damage by covering broken windows with plastic or tarp, turning off electricity to avoid potential fires, and eliminating any debris that can cause injuries.
4. Talk with the adjuster assigned by your insurance company. Be sure to provide them with all the documentation you have and don’t forget to ask any questions you have.
5. Submit your claim to the insurance company. It should include the adjuster’s estimate, a copy of your policy, and any documentation you have collected.
6. Follow up to check the status of your claim. This part can be frustrating because many other people in the area will be going through the same process, so you may have to wait a few weeks or months. However, if your home is too damaged to live in, keep each and every receipt from hotels, restaurants, etc. so you can be reimbursed properly.
7. Collect your payment and make sure it’s enough to cover the repairs to your property. If you discover more damage after your initial claim, you can reopen it.
Hurricane Insurance Claim Tips
Overall, filing a hurricane insurance claim can be a complex process, but by staying organized, communicating clearly with your insurance company, and being patient, you can increase your chances of getting the compensation you need to rebuild and recover.
Other tips worth noting include:
- Understand your coverage: Before a hurricane strikes, review your insurance policy to understand what is covered, deductibles, exclusions, and limits.
- File promptly: File your claim as soon as possible after the storm.
- Keep records: Keep a record of all communications with your insurance company.
- Be patient: Claims can take time to process.
- Stay organized: Keep all hurricane-related documents in one place.
- Beware of scams: Be cautious of anyone offering help for a fee or asking for payment upfront.
Hurricane Attorney Near Me
While the best way to prevent hurricane damage is to properly prepare for hurricane season, hurricanes can still cause major damage to your home and lifestyle no matter how much you prepare in advance.
This is why it’s important to seek the help of a qualified hurricane property damage lawyer who can guide you through the legal process and help you get the compensation you need as you start to move forward.
Give our team of Lake Charles hurricane claims lawyers a call at 337.888.8888 for a FREE consultation about your legal options. We’re confident that we can help you get the money you deserve, and if we don’t win, you won’t owe us a dime—that’s the G Guarantee.
Lake Charles Hurricane Damage Claims Lawyer Near Me
How It Works
Filing a claim with Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys is easy! Simply follow the steps below.
Get Your Free Consultation
An Attorney Will Reach Out