Industrial Accident Lawyer in Lafayette
Louisiana’s growing petrochemical plants and advanced manufacturing facilities are quickly cementing its status as one of America’s main energy producers. According to the Energy Information Administration, Louisiana is second in the nation for crude oil protection, and third for natural gas production.
Besides being one of the country’s largest producers of energy products, Louisiana is also host to a number of large steel manufacturing companies. The benefits Louisianans receive in terms of jobs and opportunities from these industries is vast, but there is a cost to our reliance on heavy industry.
What Causes Industrial Accidents in Lafayette?
Companies often prioritize profits over the safety of their workforce. This can manifest in several ways:
- Disregarded safety protocols
- Lack of oversight of safety-critical processes
- Lack of training
- Lack of proper protective equipment
- Outdated facilities and dangerous work environments
Tragically, companies’ neglect of their employees’ safety can frequently lead to serious accidents that can cause injury or even death. Oil refinery explosions, exposure to toxic gasses and materials in chemical plants, and injuries at construction sites are some of the dangers facing industrial workers.
Click to contact our Industrial Accident Lawyers in Lafayette Today
Common Industrial Accidents in Lafayette
Due to the heavy machinery, caustic chemicals, and other dangers of the industrial workplace, injuries are fairly common. While accidents can happen while doing any job, industrial workers are especially at risk for major injury from the following accidents:
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Fires and smoke inhalation
- Exposure to toxic substances
- Plant explosions
- Muscle strains, sprains, and other symptoms of over exertion
- Heavy machinery malfunction
- Collisions and crashes involving industrial vehicles
Industrial Injuries Common in Louisiana
When any employer fails to maintain a safe working environment, they can be held liable for injuries that befall their employees during their work day. In heavy industry or construction, even minor mistakes and oversights can lead to major injuries, including
- Spinal cord injuries resulting from falls, crushes, and crashes. Neck and back injuries can cause paralysis, often require ongoing medical care, and forever impact the victim’s life.
- Fires, explosions, and toxic chemicals can cause painful burn injuries, damaged tissue, and disfigurement.
- Amputations and other catastrophic injuries can result from malfunctioning machinery, explosions, crashes, and other accidents. An amputated limb can lead to physical and mental health issues, as well as prevent the victim from working.
- If an employee suffers a blow to their head during an accident, they can suffer a traumatic brain injury causing permanent physical and mental disability.
- Broken bones are sadly quite common, and can range in severity from a temporary setback and a few weeks out of work to a lifelong injury requiring surgeries, therapy, and more.
- Eye injuries and hearing loss can be caused by lack of protective gear and can lead to blindness or permanent disability.
Benefits of Hiring a Local Lafayette Industrial and Plant Injury Lawyer
The Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys team has represented hundreds of victims of some of the most severe industrial and construction accidents in the United States. Our Lafayette-based staff has the familiarity with all the legal nuances of Louisiana and have an upper hand over national firms that aren’t located here in the Pelican State.
Our team of industrial injury lawyers have a deep understanding of the complex drilling, manufacturing, and refining processes our clients work alongside. Our plant accident attorneys have handled cases including serious injury, illness, and wrongful death, involving fires, explosions, chemical leaks, and hazardous exposures.
Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys has the experience and resources to take on and defeat powerful oil and gas corporations and large industrial manufacturers. We’ve recovered over $3 Billion in settlements and verdicts for residents of Lafayette and all of Louisiana. We fight aggressively to get you and your family the compensation you deserve so you can move on with your life.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury at a plant, refinery, or construction site, call Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys at 337.999.9999 for a free legal consultation.
Lafayette Industrial Injury Lawyer Near Me
How It Works
Filing a claim with Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys is easy! Simply follow the steps below.
Get Your Free Consultation
An Attorney Will Reach Out