Explosion Lawyer in Gonzales
In Louisiana, plant explosions occur at an alarming rate: nearly every year, at least one or two massive disasters rock the industries that power the Louisiana economy. Heavy industries, and the hard-working men and women who staff them, provide millions in material goods, as well as thousands of stable jobs, to the state.
However, profits are too often prioritized over people. The management at many industrial plants neglects the necessary maintenance and other safety concerns, laying the groundwork for a catastrophic, potentially deadly plant explosion.
These accidents cause catastrophic injuries that can affect the victims for months, years, or the rest of their lives. If this is the case, the victims deserve to be fairly compensated to account for the cost of their injuries, especially if those injuries were caused by negligence.
Our experienced Gonzales plant explosion lawyers with Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys have 679+ years of combined legal experience helping Louisiana victims of industrial accidents recover the compensation they deserve for the injuries they’ve suffered. Give us a call at 225.888.8888 or fill out our easy-to-use online form for a free consultation about your case and to begin holding those responsible for your injuries responsible.
Click to Contact Our Explosion Injury Lawyers in Gonzales Today
What Causes Gonzales Plant Explosions?
Over 90% of plant explosions in Gonzales and around the state are preventable, because they are caused by negligence. Companies hold a duty of care to their employees and to the public to ensure the plants they operate remain safe and operational, but this is often neglected in favor of profitability. When the plant explodes because of this negligence, managers, owners, and others can be held liable for the property damage and injuries that result.
Industrial work is inherently dangerous, but that’s why safety protocols must be followed in industrial settings. Any of the following safety violations can easily lead to an explosion:
- Lack of proper safety equipment or tools
- Lack of proper employee training
- Faulty wiring, overloaded electrical sockets, or other electrical problems
- Improperly-maintained equipment, aging pipes, and other building problems
- Human error
Gonzales Plant Explosions Cause Serious Injuries
Injuries caused by plant explosions and other industrial accidents are often catastrophic, meaning their victims must spend thousands of dollars on rehabilitation, hospital bills, and other costs. Explosion injuries are classed into four main types, all of which can change the victim’s life for the worse:
Primary Explosion Injuries
The pressure wave from the explosion can lead to gas-filled structures inside the body to burst, leading to the following primary injuries:
- Ear damage such as a ruptured eardrum
- Abdominal perforation or hemorrhage
- Traumatic brain injuries such as concussions
- Eye rupture
Secondary Explosion Injuries
Flying debris from the explosion causes secondary injuries, which can include
- Cuts and bruises
- Impalement injuries
- Blunt-force trauma
Tertiary Explosion Injuries
Explosions can also throw people’s bodies with the blast wind. This can lead to injuries as diverse as
Quaternary Explosion Injuries
A quaternary injury is any injury not covered by the first three categories above. Explosions can cause a number of indirect symptoms and conditions, some of which include
- Smoke inhalation and burn injuries
- Crushing injuries
- COPD and other lung conditions
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
Damages Caused by Louisiana Plant Explosions
After a Gonzales plant explosion, victims face mounting medical bills, painful injuries, and more. However, if you’ve been victimized by a plant explosion, you’re not alone: Louisiana law allows you to sue those responsible so that you can recover the damages you’ve suffered.
The damages you’ll suffer will usually be classed into either economic damages or non-economic damages. Economic damages include those which have a definite monetary value, such as
- Costs of surgeries, hospital stays, and other immediate medical care
- Costs of ongoing medical care such as medication, physical therapy, doctor visits related to your injuries, and assistive devices
- Wages you’ve lost because of your inability to work
- The wages you would’ve earned, had the accident not happened, if you’re left unable to work
Non-economic damages are harder to quantify, since they affect the victim’s quality of life after the accident. There are a few methods we can use to determine a monetary amount for your non-economic damages, which include
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Post-traumatic stress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium, in the event of a wrongful death
In any personal injury case, proving your damages and their extent can be complicated. You need an experienced Gonzales plant injury attorney to advocate for your interests to the other party, their insurance, and in court if need be.
Any personal injury lawyer won’t do—you need a lawyer with specific experience in plant explosion injury cases, because these claims have their own challenges. Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys have decades of experience helping victims of chemical plant explosions and other industrial accidents recover the compensation they need to heal.
Injured in a Plant Explosion? Get Gordon!
As soon as you can, call a lawyer with Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys at 225.888.8888 to get the legal help you need for your plant explosion injuries. You should also do the following actions to maximize your claim:
- Seek medical attention even if you don’t feel injured. Some injuries don’t present symptoms for hours or even days after an accident.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions, including attending every follow-up appointment. If you don’t, the defendant can claim you’re not as injured as you really are.
- Keep a daily pain journal to have a written record of your physical pain, mental state, and other details. This journal can serve as evidence of your injuries.
Call us at 225.888.8888 for a free consultation with a dedicated Gonzales personal injury lawyer today. We’ll listen to your story, provide advice, and get started right away on your case. And remember, we won’t charge you a dime unless we win your case—that’s the G Guarantee!
Gonzales Plant Explosion Injury Lawyer Near Me
How It Works
Filing a claim with Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys is easy! Simply follow the steps below.
Get Your Free Consultation
An Attorney Will Reach Out