Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys in Baton Rouge
Premises Liability is an area of personal injury law that relates to injuries occurring on a property owner’s property. It’s the obligation of the owner to ensure their property is at a certain level of safety and free of danger. Businesses, such as grocery and department stores, malls, and offices; homes and apartment complexes; and public areas such as playgrounds, schools, and libraries are all subject to these laws.
If you’re injured while on someone else’s property, you might be entitled to financial compensation for medical bills, rehabilitation, or other costs. In premises liability, the plaintiff must prove that the defendant was negligent in preventing, maintaining or warning about hazardous conditions present on their property. If you think this has happened to you, contact the Baton Rouge Premises Liability attorneys at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys today.
Injuries that can be covered under premises liability law can include the following:
- Slips and falls
- Railing and balcony accidents
- Trips and falls
- Falling objects
- Swimming pool accidents, including drowning
- Amusement park accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Negligent security and apartment complex injuries
What Should I do After a Slip and Fall Accident?
If you’ve become injured from a slip or fall due to hazardous conditions on someone else’s premises, the Premises Liability attorneys at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys are here to help. We’ve worked with hundreds of people in the Baton Rouge area to handle their claims against negligent property owners that have failed to maintain safe premises.
- When you’re the victim of a negligent business or property owner, there are a number of steps to follow to ensure you’re in a good position for future litigation:
- Don’t make any statements about whose fault the fall is. Don’t apologize or blame the property owner.
- Do get the names of the property managers and business owners.
- Obtain the contact information of any witnesses to the incident.
- Take pictures of the scene and any injuries you’ve sustained.
- Seek medical attention if needed.
Contact a Baton Rouge Personal Injury Attorney
Finally, give your Baton Rouge Premises Injury attorney with Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys a call at 225.888.8888. We’ll help you understand your rights, collect evidence, and secure your just compensation from the property owner where you were injured.
If you’re not sure if you have a case for a slip and fall lawsuit, call us for a free consultation. We can help you recover money for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, or any future expenses you may incur from a personal injury. Call us and discuss your incident today.
How It Works
Filing a claim with Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys is easy! Simply follow the steps below.
Get Your Free Consultation
An Attorney Will Reach Out