Slip & Fall Lawyer in Denham Springs
The responsibility of the property owner for injuries sustained on their property is referred to as premises liability under Louisiana’s personal injury law. With no exception, property owners in Louisiana are required to keep their properties maintained as well as uphold a certain level of safety. If not, a slip and fall accident can occur and a property owner may be found liable for injuries sustained due to their negligence in maintaining a safe environment.
There’s a chance you might have to pay for pricey medical care, go through time-consuming rehabilitation, lose work, and other things if you sustained an injury as a result of a slip and fall or other accident. If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident in Denham Springs, contact a personal injury lawyer from Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys for a free consultation as to your legal options.
Click to contact our Slip & Fall Accident Lawyers in Denham Springs Today
Common Injuries of Slip and Fall Accidents
A wide variety injuries can occur in the event of a slip and fall accident, however, the following are some of the most common:
- Dislocated joints
- Broken bones
- Head trauma, like a traumatic brain injury (TBI) or concussion
- Neck or back injuries
- Bruises, scrapes, or cuts
- Torn ligaments, sprains, or strains
- Spinal cord injuries that could lead to paralysis
Just about anywhere could be the site of a slip-and-fall accident, including your workplace, home or apartment complex, a parking lot, the mall, a department store, business, playground, and many more. A slip or fall can happen to anyone, however, The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) say that older people are more prone to injuries from trip and fall accidents.
What to do After a Slip and Fall Accident
If you’ve been hurt in a trip and fall accident on someone else’s property, there are some actions you should do right away:
- See a doctor. Not only is it crucial for your health that you get medical attention, but documenting your injuries can also be used to calculate the amount of compensation you are entitled to in a lawsuit.
- Check the area where you slipped and the material you slipped on.
- If you can, take pictures of the accident area, making sure to capture the liquid or material as well as the floor or object you fell on.
- List any present witnesses’ names and contact information.
- As soon as you can, speak with a slip and fall accident lawyer. When it comes to hiring a lawyer for slip and fall cases, the sooner the better.
Slip and Fall Hazards to take into Consideration:
The possibility of a slip and fall is a major medical concern according to the National Safety Council (NSC). So it’s important for property owners to remove any potential hazards and for you to be aware of them, such as:
- Uneven surfaces like torn carpet, uneven bricks, or potholes
- Clutter in hallways, aisles, and walkways
- Badly-lit areas like parking garages, access corridors, and others
- Scaffolding and ladders
- Staircases and ramps, especially with loose or broken treads and poor handrails
- Slick floors caused by water from spills; tracked in mud, rain, or snow; or naturally slick surfaces
How Soon Should I File a Claim?
The statute of limitations in Louisiana establishes the amount of time you have to file a claim, which is usually one year from the date of the slip and fall accident. If the paperwork is not turned in before the time expires, the case will likely be dismissed by the court.
We suggest contacting one of the slip and fall lawyers at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys as soon as you can because the clock may have already started to run on your slip and fall claim.
Do You Have a Slip and Fall Case?
A slip and fall accident claim must demonstrate that the defendant failed to maintain, prevent, or disclose a specific condition on their property in a premises liability lawsuit, which can be difficult. It is important to seek the assistance of a skilled slip and fall accident attorney to help you gather evidence, negotiate insurance, and talk to witnesses. This will help you determine negligence and liability in the accident, and get you the maximum amount of compensation possible for your injuries.
Call a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Denham Springs
You don’t have to deal with a slip and fall mishap alone. You might not be prepared for such injuries, which could cost you money in the form of missed work, medical expenses, and continuous therapy. Whatever the case, you deserve a person who can assist you in obtaining the payment you require and deserve.
At Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys, our Denham Springs trip and fall injury attorneys have over 679+ years of combined legal experience. Our highly trained team of attorneys is confident that, with their years of experience, they can help you hold those responsible for your injuries accountable.
For a free consultation and legal solutions specific to your case, call us at 225.888.8888 or fill out the form below. One of our intake specialists will reach out to you about your case, and remember, you owe us nothing if we don’t win your case. That’s the G Guarantee!
Denham Springs Slip & Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me
How It Works
Filing a claim with Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys is easy! Simply follow the steps below.
Get Your Free Consultation
An Attorney Will Reach Out