Back Injury Lawyer in Louisiana
Accidental back injuries can be extremely debilitating, and they’re more common than you might think. Nearly any accident can cause a back injury, saddling you with expensive medical bills, debilitating pain, an inability to work, or even long-term mobility issues.
If you’ve experienced back injuries, whether due to a workplace accident, car wreck, slip and fall accident, or another reason, you need an experienced Louisiana back injury lawyer to help you navigate the complex legal landscape.
Get the compensation you need to pay for your accident-related injuries and hopefully move on with your life. Call the reliable back injury lawyers of Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys for a free consultation today.
Causes of Back Injury
Back injuries in Louisiana can be caused by a number of accidents, including the following:
- Traffic accidents, including car wrecks, truck wrecks, and motorcycle wrecks
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Defective products
- Assault, battery, and other violent acts
- Medical malpractice
- Dangerous premises
In many of these accidents, the cause of your injury is actually someone else acting negligently or wrongfully. If that’s the case for you, you have the right to take the negligent party to court to help you pay for your damages, or the medical bills, ongoing therapy, and other costs of your injury.
Click to Contact Our Louisiana Back Injury Lawyers Today
Possible Results of a Back Injury
After a back injury, you might immediately be in pain, or your symptoms could take a few hours or even days to present. That’s why it’s vitally important you see a doctor as soon as you can after your injury—not only so that you can get the medical care you need, but so that you can begin building your personal injury claim.
The term back injury has a number of meanings, and a number of injuries can qualify as one. Some of the more common types of back injuries include
- Broken vertebrae, including compression fractures
- Pinched nerves
- Spinal cord injury
- Damage to spinal discs, including ruptured, slipped, or herniated discs
- Pulled back muscles
- Torn ligaments
- Sprains and strains
All of these back injury types can be painful, expensive, and keep you from doing the things you love. If you’re suffering chronic pain or other damages after your back injury, call the Louisiana back injury lawyers to get the legal help you need to get the compensation you deserve.
Possible Damages Available After a Back Injury Accident
Damages are those costs an injury victim has incurred because of their injury. Back injuries can be extremely expensive, and you shouldn’t have to pay for everything alone. Some of the damages you can seek compensation for after your back injury include
- Medical expenses for treatment, surgeries, checkups, diagnostics, and more, both now and in the future
- Lost income due to your inability to work after your accident
- Diminished future earning capability due to a long-term disability
- The cost of medical equipment, such as wheelchairs
- The cost of a vehicle that’s retrofitted for handicap drivers
- Home renovations to accommodate the victim’s new way of life, including wheelchair ramp installation, door-widening construction, or stair climbers
Proving Who Is At-fault for Your Back Injury
In order to receive any compensation for your injuries, you’ll need to prove that the other party is legally liable for your injuries. To prove the other party’s liability, you’ll generally need to prove four points in court:
- The defendant must have owed the plaintiff a duty of care, that is, a responsibility toward their safety and security
- That duty of care must have been breached by the defendant’s negligence or wrongdoing
- That breach must have resulted in an accident involving the plaintiff
- The accident must have resulted in an injury
What to Do After Injuring Your Back in an Accident
If you’ve been in an accident and injured your back, you should call 911 right away. Your injury’s symptoms might not fully present themselves for a few hours or days, so it’s important to be examined by a medical professional. The officer on the scene’s report will also serve as important information in the coming litigation.
Next, you should call an experienced back injury attorney who can help you collect evidence, file paperwork, and argue for your interests. Insurance doesn’t have your best interests at heart, but you can trust the team at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys.
Give us a call at 888.501.7888 for a free legal consultation as to your options after a back injury. You don’t have to face the future alone.
Louisiana Back Injury Lawyer Near Me
How It Works
Filing a claim with Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys is easy! Simply follow the steps below.
Get Your Free Consultation
An Attorney Will Reach Out