Interstate and Highway Accident Attorneys in Louisiana
Highways and interstates, with their masses of cars, trucks, busses, and more, traveling at high speeds, jockeying for positions, and exiting and entering the roadways, are major sites of serious automobile accidents. In addition, interstate and highway accidents tend to involve more people and vehicles, which can complicate filing a car accident claim with an insurance company.
If you’ve been in an automobile accident on the highway or Interstate, it is important to hire a car wreck attorney that is experienced in handling these types of accidents so that you have a better chance at receiving compensation. The team of lawyers at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys in Louisiana is ready to provide you with the assistance required to win your case. Contact one of our offices in Louisiana for a free and confidential consultation.
What factors can contribute to interstate and highway accidents?
Whether it is other drivers, children, passengers, road conditions or other distractions, there are many things that can cause an accident on an interstate or highway. Some of the common factors that cause interstate and highway accidents include:
- Speeding Drivers – Faster rates of speed on the interstate and highways make it harder to control your vehicle. When drivers travel faster than the posted speed limit, they put themselves and others at risk of an accident.
- Tailgating Drivers – Following too closely behind the vehicle in front of you can cause interstate and highway accidents involving multiple vehicles if the driver is unable to brake and stop quickly enough.
- Distracted Drivers – Focusing on something other than the road while driving can cause an interstate or highway accident.
- Truck Drivers – It’s easy for truck drivers to overlook smaller cars in their blind spot. Larger trucks may change lanes quickly and hit the smaller cars causing an interstate or highway accident.
- Tourists – Tourists who aren’t as familiar with Louisiana interstates and highways may make mistakes. These mistakes can contribute to car accidents on highways and interstates.
What should I do after an interstate or highway car accident?
If you are involved in a car wreck on an interstate or highway, you should immediately get yourself out of danger, call 911, and seek proper medical attention. Also be sure to document the damages when it is safe to do so. Afterwards, contact a car accident attorney that can help you through the process of recovering compensation for your injuries and damages.
To learn more, read our article on what to do after a car accident.
Interstate and highway accident attorneys in Louisiana
If you or someone you love has been a victim in an interstate or highway accident in Louisiana, contact the car wreck lawyers at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys. Our team will help you to get the resources you need and we’ll be sure to handle the legal aspects of your case. Contact our firm today at 888.501.7888!
Los abogados que manejaron nuestro caso fueron muy accesibles y nos mantuvieron informados de cada detalle través del proceso completo. Recomiendo al equipo de abogados de Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorney. 5 estrellas definitivamente!
El personal de trabajo es muy amable y muy profesional. La oficina esta en una locación muy conveniente y estan equipados con todo lo que necesitan para operar al nivel mas alto en el rugro legal. Puedo recomendar Gordon McKernan Law Office a mis amigos y familia teniendo la seguridad que los trataran como familia tambien.
Jamie was very helpful, returned my calls in a timely manner, answered all of my questions without hesitation, overall just great! Thank you Jamie
This is for Bobby Triche
Bobby’s name is not on your list. Bobby is the best addition you could have made to your company. He is extremely intelligent and meticulous in whatever he attempts to accomplish.
Good job if I need another lawyer he will be the one. Great job very knowledgeable and professional.