Industrial Accident Lawyer in Denham Springs
If you live or work in Louisiana, you likely know someone, or are someone, who works in the industrial sector. Louisiana is among the top states for energy products—we’re second for crude oil production and third for natural gas—and a number of other heavy manufacturing and industrial plants call Louisiana home.
While these industries provide thousands of high-paying, stable employment for Louisianans, and contribute millions if not billions to Louisiana’s economy, they are also some of the most dangerous jobs in the country. The hardworking men and women who work these factories and refineries are often left to fend for themselves when it comes to their safety and well-being, since the owners and bosses are only concerned about profit.
As a result, safety protocols are neglected, training is skipped, facilities are left outdated, and proper safety equipment isn’t provided—leading to a high risk of injury for industrial workers. In fact, industrial jobs have some of the highest rates of personal injury and wrongful death of any employment sector.
If you or a loved one has been harmed while working an industrial job, you may be entitled to financial compensation from a neglectful employer. Call the industrial injury lawyers with Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys today at 225.888.8888.
Click to contact our Industrial Accident Lawyers in Denham Springs today
Common Causes of Denham Springs Industrial Accidents
Many residents of Denham Springs work in industrial settings, including chemical plants and refineries, plastics plants, and others. These “anchor” industries also support a number of other businesses, including fabrication and engineering firms—so if you live in Denham Springs, it’s likely that you know someone who has an industrial job.
Because of the prevalence of these jobs, whenever a Denham Springs plant has an accident it affects the entire community—not just those who are hurt at work. These accidents can be caused by a number of factors, including the following:
- Improper or missing safety protocols
- Lack of staff training
- Lack of personal protective equipment
- Failure to maintain machinery or the facility
- Lack of oversight ensuring safety protocol is followed
While these factors don’t guarantee a life-threatening accident, they can compound over time to make the odds of one ever more likely. Companies ignore safety at their employees’ peril.
What Industrial Accidents Are Most Likely in Denham Springs?
As in any place of employment, plant owners and operators have a responsibility to their employees for a relatively safe, clean workplace free of hazards. While no workplace is completely free of risk, industrial settings, with their attendant proximities to heavy machinery, toxic chemicals, and other dangers, are particularly likely sites for the following:
What Injuries Could I Suffer in an Industrial Accident?
If you’ve been injured at work, your employer could be held liable for your injuries if they failed to maintain a safe working environment. In heavy industry jobs, even minor oversights can lead to serious, even catastrophic injuries, including
- Symptoms of overexertion including neck injuries, back injuries, strains, and sprains
- Broken bones or crushing injuries
- Injuries caused by vehicle crashes
- Burns and other fire-related injuries including smoke inhalation
- Amputated limbs
- Spinal cord injuries, which often result in temporary or permanent paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Hearing loss or blindness due to improper or missing protective gear or safety protocols
What to Do If You’re the Victim of an Industrial Accident
If you’ve been injured while working an industrial job, there are a number of steps to take as soon as possible to ensure the best chance of recovering needed compensation:
- Immediately report your injury to your supervisor or employer. All Denham Springs companies, and in fact all companies in the U.S., are required to appropriately respond to employee injuries. They also have a responsibility to provide injured employees medical care and the documentation they need to file a workers’ compensation claim.
- Document as much as you can at the scene—take pictures, note witnesses’ names and contact information, and take notes of your own thoughts, feelings and observations. You can use these notes to collect and present evidence to the insurance company, a judge, or jury.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Not only will this ensure your continued health—some injury symptoms fail to appear for hours or even days after an injury, though a doctor will catch them and start treating them sooner—a jury may consider a failure to seek medical help an admission of non-injury.
- While workers’ compensation is designed to help you pay for medical care and lost wages, you might need more than its coverage to pay for the full cost of your injuries. Call Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys at 225.888.8888 to pursue compensation for your total damages caused by negligence.
Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys Are Here for Industrial Accident Victims
Our team of experienced Denham Springs industrial injury lawyers have over 679+ years of combined legal experience advocating for working people in Louisiana. We’re located in your neighborhood in Denham Springs—so we’re familiar with the plants, court system, and the people your case will involve, meaning we can help you win.
We have a deep understanding of the oil and gas industries, as well as the other major industries in Denham Springs. Whatever your injury, you can get the compensation you need to heal when you work with Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys.
Give us a call at 225.888.8888 for a free consultation about your case.
Denham Springs Industrial Injury Lawyer Near Me
How It Works
Filing a claim with Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys is easy! Simply follow the steps below.
Get Your Free Consultation
An Attorney Will Reach Out