Louisiana Rear-End Collision Attorneys
Rear-end collisions are one of the most common types of car crashes.
Each year drivers and passengers are seriously injured and sometimes even succumb to those injuries in a rear-end collision accident. In most cases, the cause of the rear-end collision is negligence. Meaning that one of the drivers involved in the accident failed to take proper precautions and care while driving resulting in the injury or death of another person.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a rear-end accident and suffered injuries, we want to help. The lawyers at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys have represented many rear-end collision accident victims successfully, throughout Louisiana.
What is a Rear-End Collision?
When a vehicle crashes into the back of the vehicle in front of it a rear-end collision occurs. This kind of accident can happen at high or low speeds of travel. An example of a rear-end collision accident would be if a car is stopped at a red light patiently waiting for the green light to move forward when it is struck from behind by another vehicle who failed to slow down and come to a stop.
Causes of Rear-End Collisions:
- Speeding- Driving at speeds faster than the legal limit can make it hard for drivers to stop quickly if another car stops suddenly in front of them. This can cause a rear-end collision.
- Tailgating- Tailgating is a form of aggressive driving that happens when a driver is following too closely behind another car. Cars may get rear-ended if the tailgater is unable to stop when it is necessary to do so.
- Distracted Driving- There are many distractions on and off the road that can command a driver’s attention. However, when drivers decide to focus on these things instead of driving safely on the streets, all kinds of accidents can happen. These accidents include rear-end collisions.
- Drunk Driving- Driving under the influence is one of the most dangerous ways to cause any accident. When alcohol is in the system, reaction times are slowed, or drivers can become extremely tired. Driving in this state can cause rear-end crash car accidents.
- Drowsy Driving- When people make the decision to drive when they haven’t gotten enough sleep, they can cause rear-end accidents. Tired drivers may fall asleep at the wheel, get distracted by drowsy daydreams, or experience bodily fatigue. Driving this way can be compared to driving under the influence.
- Weather Conditions- The weather makes a significant difference in how drivers have to react to traveling on the road. Bad weather conditions may mean that people have to drive slower than normally or pay more attention to their surroundings. Rear-end accidents can occur if drivers don’t drive appropriately for the weather.
Common Injuries Suffered in a Rear-End Collision:
- Whiplash and soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Herniated disk, neck, and back injuries
- Face and head trauma from the dashboard or airbags
- Chest injuries from the steering wheel
- Carpal tunnel syndrome or broken arms from bracing for impact
- Fatal injuries
Los abogados que manejaron nuestro caso fueron muy accesibles y nos mantuvieron informados de cada detalle través del proceso completo. Recomiendo al equipo de abogados de Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorney. 5 estrellas definitivamente!
El personal de trabajo es muy amable y muy profesional. La oficina esta en una locación muy conveniente y estan equipados con todo lo que necesitan para operar al nivel mas alto en el rugro legal. Puedo recomendar Gordon McKernan Law Office a mis amigos y familia teniendo la seguridad que los trataran como familia tambien.
Jamie was very helpful, returned my calls in a timely manner, answered all of my questions without hesitation, overall just great! Thank you Jamie
This is for Bobby Triche
Bobby’s name is not on your list. Bobby is the best addition you could have made to your company. He is extremely intelligent and meticulous in whatever he attempts to accomplish.
Good job if I need another lawyer he will be the one. Great job very knowledgeable and professional.