Baton Rouge Delivery Truck Accident Attorneys
Baton Rouge delivery truck accidents can happen in your neighborhoods or on a major roadway. Whether you were the driver, a passenger, or a bystander, being a victim in this type of accident can have long-lasting consequences for your physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
If you suffered injuries or losses in a delivery truck accident, you may be able to pursue a claim against your employer and hold them responsible. At Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys, a Baton Rouge delivery truck accident attorney is on standby to help with your claim and get you the compensation you deserve.
Click to Contact Our Baton Rouge Delivery Truck Accident Attorneys Today
The Risks of Baton Rouge Delivery Truck Accidents
Over 70% of the goods in the United States are transported using delivery trucks. While delivery drivers are trained and licensed to operate these vehicles around town, they still face many risks that can lead to accidents and the need for a Baton Rouge delivery truck accident attorney.
Some of the most common causes of delivery truck accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Delivery drivers may be distracted by their GPS, phone, or other devices while driving, which can cause them to miss traffic signals, swerve, or collide with other vehicles or objects.
- Fatigue: Delivery drivers often have to work long hours and make many stops, which can lead to fatigue and drowsiness, impairing their judgment and reaction time.
- Speeding: Delivery drivers may feel pressured to meet tight deadlines or quotas, which can lead them to drive too fast and lose control of their van.
- Poor maintenance: Delivery vans need regular maintenance and inspections to ensure they’re safe and roadworthy. If a van is not maintained properly, it may experience mechanical failures, such as brake or tire problems, that can cause accidents.
- Weather conditions: Delivery drivers may have to drive in adverse weather conditions, such as rain, snow, or fog, that reduce visibility and increase the risk of skidding or hydroplaning.
If you were hurt in a delivery truck accident, you’ll need to gather certain evidence in order to move forward with your case. The good news is that a Baton Rouge delivery truck attorney at our law firm can help you with this process along with every other step involved in your case.
Time Limit on Filing Baton Rouge Delivery Truck Accident Claim
After your accident, you may only have one year to file a personal injury lawsuit in Baton Rouge. Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492 sets this deadline, which is why we suggest starting your injury claim as soon as possible.
Although many Baton Rouge traffic accidents get settled without going to court, there are instances where we may need to file a lawsuit. In those situations, it’s crucial to file before the deadline runs out.
If you miss the deadline, we may not be able to take your case in front of a judge and jury. This would limit your ability to recover fair compensation for your losses related to the accident.
What to Do After a Baton Rouge Delivery Truck Accident
If you’ve been involved in a delivery truck accident, there are several steps you should take to protect your health and legal rights:
- Seek medical attention: Even if you don’t feel hurt or injured, it’s important to get a medical check-up as soon as possible after the accident. Some injuries, such as whiplash or concussions, may not manifest immediately but can have serious consequences later on. Additionally, getting medical treatment creates a record of your injuries that can be used as evidence in your case.
- Call the police: If the accident caused injuries, deaths, or property damage over a certain amount, you should call the police to the scene and file a report. The police report can provide valuable information about the cause of the accident and who was at fault.
- Collect evidence: If you’re able to do so, take pictures of the accident scene, the damage to the vehicles, and any injuries you or others sustained. Get the contact information of any witnesses who saw the accident and ask them to give a statement to the police or your lawyer. Keep all documents related to the accident, such as medical bills, repair invoices, and insurance policies.
- Contact a Baton Rouge Delivery Truck Accident Attorney: It’s highly recommended to consult with an experienced delivery truck accident attorney in Baton Rouge as soon as possible after the accident. They can advise you on your legal options, help you negotiate with the insurance companies, and represent you in court if necessary. Don’t sign any settlement offers or release forms without first consulting with your lawyer.
Compensable Losses in a Delivery Truck Accident Case
If there is evidence of negligence and liability in your case, we can seek compensation for you. The recoverable losses may include:
- Costs of current and future medical treatment related to your injuries
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Damage to your car and other personal property
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Other non-economic losses
If a person dies as a result of a traffic accident, their immediate family members may also be able to seek wrongful death damages. Our team can assess your case to determine if you’re eligible to take legal action based on your loved one’s Baton Rouge delivery truck accident death.
Building a Baton Rouge Delivery Truck Claim
Our team of dedicated attorneys specializes in helping people who have been in delivery truck accidents in Baton Rouge and beyond. We work closely with clients to understand the unique aspects of their cases, including the complexities of Louisiana’s liability laws.
Our Baton Rouge delivery truck accident attorneys will do everything they can to prove negligence and liability on the responsible party, including working with experts to reconstruct the accident and assessing your injuries to determine any future healthcare needs.
Our goal is to help you recover the compensation you need to cover your medical bills, car repairs, and related expenses. With that being said, we offer legal services based on our G Guarantee, so you won’t have to worry about paying anything upfront. You only pay us if we successfully win your case and recover compensation for you!
With 10 locations throughout Louisiana, we’re here to help accident victims get the justice they deserve. If you need a Baton Rouge delivery truck accident attorney to help navigate the legal process, please give us a call at 225.888.8888. We’re here to help!
Get Free Legal Advice from Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys Today
If you’ve been in an accident with a Baton Rouge delivery truck, a lawyer from Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys can help. As mentioned above, a Baton Rouge delivery truck accident attorney can hold the driver’s employer liable for your injuries by helping you file an insurance claim or by building a strong case and presenting it in court.
For a FREE consultation. Call us now at 225.888.8888 to discuss your accident, injuries, and recovery with us at no cost.
Baton Rouge Delivery Truck Accident Attorney Near Me
How It Works
Filing a claim with Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys is easy! Simply follow the steps below.
Get Your Free Consultation
An Attorney Will Reach Out