Lafayette Head-On Collision Lawyer
A head-on collision is one of the most serious types of car accidents, resulting in more severe injuries due to the devastating impact of colliding vehicles at combined speeds. Unfortunately, these collisions often prove fatal, while survivors may endure a lifetime of disabilities and complications from their injuries.
On top of that, the aftermath of such an accident can be emotionally and financially overwhelming, and receiving a fair settlement from an insurance company is crucial to prevent further financial distress.
If you find yourself in this situation, you don’t have to face it alone. At Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys our team of Lafayette head-on collision lawyers will pay close attention to your case and vigorously fight for the financial recovery you deserve.
Click to Contact Our Lafayette Head-On Collision Attorneys Today
Causes of Lafayette Head-On Collisions
There are several reasons why head-on collisions occur in Lafayette. Some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted driving: When drivers are distracted, they may swerve into oncoming traffic and cause a head-on collision.
- Impaired driving: Drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol are more likely to make mistakes on the road, which can lead to head-on collisions.
- Fatigued driving: When drivers are tired, they may have slower reaction times, making it more difficult to avoid collisions.
- Poor weather conditions: Rain, snow, and fog can make it more difficult to see the road ahead, increasing the risk of head-on collisions.
- Reckless driving: Drivers who speed or engage in other dangerous behaviors are more likely to cause accidents.
It’s important for drivers to be aware of the common causes of head-on collisions in Lafayette and take steps to avoid them. By staying focused and avoiding distractions, we can all do our part to prevent these dangerous accidents. Remember, every time we get behind the wheel, we have a responsibility to prioritize safety and protect ourselves, our passengers, and others on the road.
Consequences of Head-On Collisions
The consequences of head-on collisions can be severe. Some of the most common injuries that result from these accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): Head-on collisions can cause the brain to be jolted around inside the skull, leading to TBIs.
- Spinal cord injuries: The impact of a head-on collision can also damage the spinal cord, leading to paralysis.
- Broken bones: The force of the collision can cause bones to break or shatter.
- Internal injuries: The organs inside the body can be damaged during a head-on collision, leading to internal bleeding or other complications.
From debilitating brain and spinal cord injuries to broken bones and internal organ damage, the physical toll can be devastating. However, the aftermath of a head-on collision can also take an emotional and financial toll on those involved, with medical expenses and lost wages adding up quickly.
To avoid the risk of a head-on collision, it’s important to practice safe driving habits, such as staying focused and alert, obeying traffic laws, and always driving defensively. By doing so, we can help ensure the safety of ourselves, our passengers, and everyone on the road.
How a Lafayette Head-On Collision Attorney Can Help You
When a negligent driver causes a head-on collision, the consequences can be devastating. If you’ve suffered serious injuries in a head-on collision, seeking fair compensation can be overwhelming. Apart from physical injuries, the mental stress associated with these accidents can be traumatic, compounded by mounting medical bills.
However, a skilled Lafayette head-on collision lawyer can help build a strong case to secure the full and fair compensation you deserve for your injuries. With an attorney handling your legal matters, you can focus on your health and recovery, without worrying about financial hardship. While money cannot erase the physical and mental pain caused by the accident, fair compensation can alleviate the burden of financial stress.
If you have lost a loved one in a head-on collision, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent driver. A wrongful death settlement can cover various damages, including lost earning capacity, loss of companionship, loss of inheritance, and mental anguish for surviving family members.
To file a wrongful death claim in Lafayette, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Determine eligibility: Under Louisiana law, certain family members of the deceased are eligible to file a wrongful death claim. This includes the surviving spouse and children, as well as parents, siblings, and grandparents in certain circumstances.
- Hire a Lafayette head-on collision lawyer: It is highly recommended to hire an experienced wrongful death attorney who is familiar with Louisiana laws and court procedures. Your attorney will guide you through the legal process, help investigate the accident, and represent your best interests in court.
- Gather evidence: Your attorney will help you collect evidence to support your claims, such as medical records, accident reports, witness statements, and other relevant documents.
- File the claim: Your attorney will file a wrongful death claim in the appropriate court in Lafayette. The claim will outline the facts of the case and the damages you are seeking.
- Negotiate a settlement: The defendant or their insurance company may offer a settlement to avoid a trial. Your attorney will negotiate on your behalf to reach a fair and just settlement that compensates you for your losses.
- Go to trial: If a settlement cannot be reached, your case will go to trial. Your attorney will present evidence and argue your case before a judge or jury.
Filing a wrongful death claim can be a complex and emotional process, but with the help of an experienced Lafayette head-on collision lawyer, you can hold the responsible party accountable and obtain the compensation you deserve.
FYI: After a head-on collision accident, you may only have one year to file a personal injury lawsuit in Lafayette. Louisiana Civil Code (CC) §3492 sets this deadline, which is why we always advise starting your injury claim as soon as possible.
Contact a Lafayette Head-On Collision Attorney Today
At Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys, we have a proven track record of securing successful results for our clients and will work tirelessly to get you the maximum compensation you’re owed after your Lafayette head-on collision accident.
Don’t wonder whether the other driver’s insurance company will provide a fair settlement. Contact a Lafayette head-on collision attorney at our law firm today for a FREE consultation. As part of our G Guarantee, you won’t owe us anything unless we win your case. Get Gordon and Get it Done!
Lafayette Head-On Collision Attorne Near Me
How It Works
Filing a claim with Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys is easy! Simply follow the steps below.
Get Your Free Consultation
An Attorney Will Reach Out