Louisiana Head-On Collision Lawyers
One of the worst and most dangerous types of car accidents are head-on collisions. There are many head-on collision accidents in the United States each year. These often end in injury to the driver and passengers of each car involved. In the worst case, they can also end in fatalities. Many head-on collision accidents are caused by “wrong-way drivers.” This can happen when a car crosses the centerline of the road or turns the wrong way onto the highway. This type of accident is so dangerous due to the combined forces of each vehicle colliding together. The impact site of a head-on collision is focused at the front of the vehicle where the engine block can become dangerous and even deadly to those sitting behind it.
If you have been the victim in a head-on collision accident, our team wants to help you. The head-on collision lawyers at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys have represented thousands of victims in Baton Rouge, Ascension, Livingston, Zachary, and throughout the state of Louisiana
What is a Head-On Collision?
A head-on collision accident is when the front ends of two vehicles collide while traveling in opposite directions. An example of a head-on collision accident could be two cars traveling in opposite directions on a two-way street when, for unknown reasons, one of the cars crosses the center line and strikes the other.
Causes of Head-On Collisions
- Distracted Driving – When drivers aren’t paying full attention to the road and are focusing on other things like their phones, it is easy for them to cross the center line on a two-way road or to even lose control of their vehicle, causing a head-on collision.
- Pileups – A multi-car accident may cause vehicles that are in the middle of the accident to be pushed into the parallel traffic. This can cause a frontal crash, or head-on collision.
- Drunk Driving – Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol significantly impairs reaction times and the ability to make sound decisions. When this happens, the offending drivers can make mistakes or veer into oncoming traffic.
- Poor Road Conditions – Poor lighting on roadways, debris, construction, and potholes are conditions on the roadway that can cause a driver to veer into oncoming traffic, causing a head-on collision.
Common Injuries Suffered in a Head-On Collision:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Head and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Back injuries
- Injuries from airbag deployment
- Fractured and broken bones
- Cuts, bruises, and abrasions
- Internal organ damage
What to do if You’ve Been Involved in a Head-On Collision
If you are a victim of a head-on collision, it can be hard to figure out how it happened and who was at fault. While police may investigate the accident, they may not be able to dedicate the time and resources to determine the actual cause. It may be in your best interest to hire a professional attorney.
The head-on collision accident lawyers at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys have pursued thousands of car and truck accident cases, and we have the experience necessary to get you the answers you need. We are able to determine if any of the following factors were involved in the collision:
- Roadway hazards or Road defects
- Intoxicated driving
- Talking on a cell phone or texting while driving
- Unsafe passing or racing
- Falling asleep while driving
- Driving too fast/losing control
- Driving the wrong way (one-way street, entrance ramp)
Contact an Experienced Car Wreck Lawyer in Louisiana
Not only do the Louisiana head-on collision lawyers at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys have the necessary experience to determine the best way to prove your case: we also have the financial resources to employ top professionals to aid us in reconstructing your accident in detail, so a jury can understand exactly what has happened to you. We understand the serious, catastrophic injuries and fatalities that are often suffered in head-on collisions as well as the devastation they can have on your life. Let us help you. Contact a car accident lawyer at 888.501.7888 for your free and confidential consultation.
Los abogados que manejaron nuestro caso fueron muy accesibles y nos mantuvieron informados de cada detalle través del proceso completo. Recomiendo al equipo de abogados de Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorney. 5 estrellas definitivamente!
El personal de trabajo es muy amable y muy profesional. La oficina esta en una locación muy conveniente y estan equipados con todo lo que necesitan para operar al nivel mas alto en el rugro legal. Puedo recomendar Gordon McKernan Law Office a mis amigos y familia teniendo la seguridad que los trataran como familia tambien.
Jamie was very helpful, returned my calls in a timely manner, answered all of my questions without hesitation, overall just great! Thank you Jamie
This is for Bobby Triche
Bobby’s name is not on your list. Bobby is the best addition you could have made to your company. He is extremely intelligent and meticulous in whatever he attempts to accomplish.
Good job if I need another lawyer he will be the one. Great job very knowledgeable and professional.