T-Bone Car Accident Attorneys in Louisiana
A large number of crashes that result in injuries and fatalities each year are T-Bone car accidents. T-Bone car accidents, also referred to as side-impact crashes, are especially dangerous for victims. Many T-Bone car accidents are caused by driver negligence. When a driver fails to comply with common traffic rules, their behavior can result in a side impact crash.
If you have been injured as a result of a T-Bone car accident, our attorneys want to help you. Our team at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys in Louisiana has successfully represented a large number of T-Bone car accident victims throughout the state of Louisiana.
What is a T-Bone Car Accident?
T-Bone accidents, often known as broadside or side-impact collisions, occur when a vehicle strikes the side of another vehicle. This type of collision can cause serious injuries and in the worst cases, death. Unfortunately, the sides of a vehicle do not provide enough protection to the driver and passengers when impacted at high velocities. Also, your car can flip, spin, or cross into oncoming traffic after being struck on either side.
Causes of T-Bone Car Accidents:
- Failing to Stop – If a driver fails to stop at a red light or an intersection, they can often crash into the side of another vehicle who had the right of way causing a T-Bone accident.
- Failing to Yield – When a driver fails to yield right of way to another vehicle at a stop sign or a four-way stop this can result in a T-Bone car accident.
- Running Red Lights – If a driver is in a hurry and tries to beat a red light, or if they’re speeding and do not have time to stop, the vehicle that is in the intersection is often the victim of a T-Bone car accident.
- Improper Left Turns – When a driver turns left at a traffic light or stop sign when he or she does not have a green arrow or legal right to do so, this can easily result in a T-Bone car accident.
- Driving Improperly in Bad Weather – If road conditions become dangerous due to unfavorable weather, a driver must slow down. If they fail to do so, they may become vulnerable to sliding into an intersection and into the side of another vehicle.
Common injuries suffered in a T-Bone Car Accident:
- Injury to the diaphragm
- Damage to the pulmonary vessels
- Injury to the aorta
- Spinal damage
- Injury to the spleen
- Femur fractures
- Brain injury
- Bruised lungs
- Pelvic and rib fractures
What to do if you’ve been involved in a T-Bone Car Accident
Determining liability is the priority in most T-Bone accident cases. The insurance company will work to blame anyone and anything for the accident other than their client. This is why you need to have an expert legal team on your side. As your attorney, we will investigate the evidence that points to the driver’s negligence that caused him or her to crash into your vehicle. The driver who caused a side impact collision most likely broke a safety law such as failing to yield or operating their vehicle carelessly. These drivers are also typically speeding, driving aggressively, or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Contact an Experienced Car Wreck Attorney in Louisiana
If you have been injured in a T-Bone accident, our team at Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys wants to help. We will fight for you to receive full compensation to recover from paying hospital bills and other expenses for your case. Contact our office today at 888.501.7888 for a free and confidential consultation.