Industrial Accident Lawyer in Alexandria
Louisiana is home to some of the largest and most advanced manufacturing facilities, petrochemical plants, and other heavy industrial sites in the nation. These plants provide stable, high-paying jobs to thousands of hard-working Louisianan men and women, bring millions in tax revenue to our state, and cement Louisiana as one of the top states in the nation for energy production, steel manufacturing, and more.
However, manufacturing and other industry jobs carry a high risk of injury. Steel workers, offshore oil rig workers, refinery workers, and others are subjected daily to hazardous working conditions. While some are unavoidable due to the nature of the job, many companies cut corners on safety, oversight, training, and proper protection in order to save a few dollars. This negligence directly leads to severe injuries and even wrongful death.
Manufacturing and other industrial workers suffer some of the highest rates of serious injury and death of any job. If you or a loved one were injured in one of these injuries, you could be entitled to compensation, not only for workers’ compensation benefits, but for further compensation to account for your damages. Contact Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys today for a free consultation about your case.
Click to contact our Industrial Accident Lawyers in Alexandria Today
Common Industrial Accidents
Injuries are tragically common at many industrial sites. Many are due to the nature of the work—employees are in close proximity to heavy machinery, caustic chemicals, and other harmful material every day. However, employers and owners bear responsibility to keep their workforce safe from accidents, including the following:
- Chemical spills
- Trips, slips, and falls
- Plant explosions and fires
- Harmful substance exposure
- Crushing injuries and others caused by machinery malfunction
- Muscle strain caused by over-exertion
- Vehicle crashes and collisions
Injuries That Can Result from Industrial Accidents
When the owner of an industrial plant neglects to follow safety protocols or maintain a safe environment for workers, major injuries and even death can be the result. Some of the more common catastrophic injuries suffered by industrial workers in the U.S. include
- Spinal injuries from crashes, falls, or heavy machinery. These can result in partial or complete paralysis, and can require long-term ongoing medical care and expensive assistance.
- Severe burns or disfigurement from plant fires or explosions, resulting in pain, tissue damage, and disability.
- Amputated limbs due to heavy equipment malfunction, explosions, crashes, or other accidents. Not only can the loss of a limb prevent someone from working—it can also cause serious mental trauma.
- Brain injuries such as traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can cause permanent physical and mental disability. Any hard blow to the head carries the risk of a TBI.
- Broken bones are quite common in industrial settings.
- Back injuries, caused by heavy lifting or over-exertion, are also common in these settings. They can result in a temporary discomfort or a devastating injury requiring years of therapy and surgeries.
- Eye injuries can cause permanent blindness or impaired vision, possibly leading to a permanent inability to perform work tasks.
What to Do After an Alexandria Industrial Accident
An industrial accident can happen at any time. You could think it’s just another day at work when the unimaginable happens and you’re seriously injured, left unable to work, and suddenly facing thousands in medical bills.
Luckily, the law is on your side if you’ve been hurt at work. Every employer is required to carry workers’ compensation insurance in the event of employee injury while on the job. In addition, more extreme injuries may be eligible for personal injury claims.
Of course, employers and their insurers are going to try and pay out as little as possible. You shouldn’t speak to your employer or their insurance any more than is necessary to register your claim for workers’ compensation or alert them of further legal action. After that, all communication should be through your personal injury lawyer.
An experienced personal injury lawyer will generally provide a free legal consultation to assess your damages and give their opinion on what your case could entail. The lawyers with Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys have 679+ years of combined legal experience helping our clients recover over $2.5 Billion in damages and we can help you too.
To help you recover the most compensation possible for your injury, we’ll collect evidence from the accident, interview witnesses, and file the necessary motions in court. The majority of personal injury cases don’t make it to a court room, but if your employer refuses to settle, we’ll argue your case in front of a jury.
Call Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys for a Free Consultation Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in an industrial workplace accident, you could be unsure of where to turn. You’ve likely lost your livelihood, gained thousands in medical costs, and could be in pain.
Call the dedicated injury lawyers with Gordon McKernan Injury Attorneys at 318.443.8888 for a free consultation about your case. We promise that we won’t charge you a dime until we win or settle your case, that’s the G Guarantee.
Alexandria Industrial Injury Lawyer Near Me
How It Works
Filing a claim with Gordon Mckernan Injury Attorneys is easy! Simply follow the steps below.
Get Your Free Consultation
An Attorney Will Reach Out